SOLD Dark Horse Relic Slab Precision Bass PRICE LOWERED

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by aldaa, May 9, 2019.

1. aldaa

aldaa Supporting Member

Apr 27, 2017
    Alabama
    Price:
    Strings:
    Trades in post #23

$700 shipped to your door - if you live west of Houston, add $50 for shipping.

Specs copied from original sale thread:

Alder Body
    Allparts Jazz neck
    Fender OV62 pickup
    Nitro Finish
    Fender Vintage style tuners
    Bone nut

I really really do not want to sell this. I love this bass and is easily in the top 3 basses I've played. Unfortunately, I'm at a point where I need money more than I need a bass, so I have to let this one go. The only thing I've changed on this bass are the strings, which are now DR Hi-Beams. I still have the Fender flats that Andy had on the bass and will include them. Other than that, this bass is exactly as it was when Andy had it. It also comes with a hardshell case.

I honestly thought I would never like Precision basses again until I played this one... in other words @Dark Horse builds great basses! The tone is spot on and the neck feels amazing. I'll post more pictures in the coming days, but I will link the original sale post for now.

SOLD - Dark Horse Relic Slab Precision Bass

Slab 2.jpeg Slab 1.jpeg Slab 3.jpeg Slab 4.jpeg Slab 5.jpeg Slab 6.jpeg Slab 7.jpeg Slab 8.jpeg Slab 9.jpeg Slab 10.jpeg

Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
    AMJBASS, reddog, handofseven and 9 others like this.
  2. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I definitely miss that one, it’s a great, great bass !!! I wish I wasn’t selling off a couple of things to pay medical bills, I’d try and buy it back. It’s everything you want in a Precision.

3. aldaa

aldaa Supporting Member

Apr 27, 2017
    Alabama
    I feel ya! I wish I didn't have to sell any of the stuff I've been listing recently. Trying to make it to Houston for a pipeline job! I wish you luck with your sales... bills, especially medical bills suck! Also wish you the best in your recovery!

Dark Horse likes this.
  4. redstrand

redstrand

May 18, 2007
    Saint Louis, MO
    Fool For Four Strings
    Dang nabit, this is one of my faves. Stupid taxes ate into my toy budget...if this is around I might snag it

aldaa and Dark Horse like this.
  5. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX

Good luck on getting that job !!!

aldaa likes this.
  6. aldaa

aldaa Supporting Member

Apr 27, 2017
    Alabama
    Thanks Andy! If I ever make it out to Texas, I'll have to come to one of your band's shows!

Dark Horse likes this.
  7. aldaa

aldaa Supporting Member

Apr 27, 2017
    Alabama
    Make an offer! Worst I can do is say no thanks!

8. aldaa

aldaa Supporting Member

Apr 27, 2017
    Alabama
    New pictures posted!

2019-05-09.jpeg

Last edited: May 16, 2019
  9. aldaa

aldaa Supporting Member

Apr 27, 2017
    Alabama
    For those that may be concerned... I only used that crappy stand for these pictures. It's been resting on a K&M Guardian unless being played.

10. Beautiful!

aldaa likes this.
  11. aldaa

aldaa Supporting Member

Apr 27, 2017
    Alabama
    Thank you!

12. redstrand

redstrand

May 18, 2007
    Saint Louis, MO
    Fool For Four Strings
    You’re killing me smalls

13. aldaa

aldaa Supporting Member

Apr 27, 2017
    Alabama
    Yeah, I just got the call this morning that they have a job for me in Tennessee, so this bass has got to go now! :(

14. redstrand

redstrand

May 18, 2007
    Saint Louis, MO
    Fool For Four Strings
    Wish I had the extra jack, don’t get my extra summer pay until the end of June

aldaa likes this.
  15. The Deep

The Deep

Jul 21, 2017
    Minnesota
    What is the brand/model and condition of the hard case?

Does it still have the bridge cover with it?

16. aldaa

aldaa Supporting Member

Apr 27, 2017
    Alabama
    Yeah, I still have the bridge cover. I forgot to put it back on for the pictures. The case is a rectangular SKB but it's Fender shaped inside. It's scuffed/scratched up fairly heavily and the strap hinges have come unglued from one side. Also, it has one small crack on the back and a fairly large crack on one of the hinge side corners.

17. aldaa

aldaa Supporting Member

Apr 27, 2017
    Alabama
    Alright guys, so I sold this and ended up buying it back... and now it's up for sale again! I'm trying to get rid of all my unused equipment as I currently have about 8 guitars, 2 massive amps plus a 3rd cabinet, and no room for all this stuff. I absolutely love this bass and its aesthetic. @Dark Horse did an incredible job building this bass and we all know his reputation!

Back up for sale for $750 shipped to your door.

Scoundrel1680 and redstrand like this.
  18. MDBass

MDBass Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Dingwall-Fender-Bergantino-Dunlop-Tech 21-Darkglass-Nordstrand
    Sure is a looker.

Any sound clips?

19. aldaa

aldaa Supporting Member

Apr 27, 2017
    Alabama
    Thank you! Unfortunately, I do not but I may be able to make some in the next couple of days. I no longer have my desktop set up (or a desk for that matter), so I'll have to use my laptop (ughhhhh). Will post back and tag you if I get some done!

MDBass and Scoundrel1680 like this.
  20. Scoundrel1680

Scoundrel1680 Stingray Fan Supporting Member

Mar 4, 2020
    Orange County, CA
    Dang! This wasn't even on my radar until I misclicked, some good info and a Killer looking P! Best of luck!

aldaa likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 22, 2021