1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Dark sound problem with my TBIRD/Tube rig

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by pulse, Sep 22, 2008.

1. pulse

pulse

Apr 10, 2007
    Berlin, Germany
    HI

I use an epi t bird and SVT II bass amp. love my t bird, it just feels great in my hands and plays wonderfully and has an enormous low end.

But it does not pair up well with my SVTII, I dont know why but the top end is really lacking, and I cannot eq it in very well.

weird thing is when I plug in my peavey mark IV head with active eq (its my back up head) the high end is totally there.

Do I have a tube problem, is there any way I can get more high end / clarity out of my amp?

I know the EPI T bird is know for being dark but how comes the Peavey head works wonders on its high freq's?

p.s would a mesa D-180 be better suited here, I am on the look out for good basic Overdrive that is always on.

the volume of the SVTII is monstrous but I still cannot get my tone with it completely yet (w/ this bass). would an eq pedal before the amp help?

thanks