Dark Star's... Anyone???

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by deathbloomslife, Aug 22, 2005.

1. So, I was browsing the Lakland website, on a mission sent by a recent gas attack (Thank you very much eViL j of Otep!!!) and I came across the Dark Star website. Actually was VERY pleased to find some sound clips available.

Have any of you guys used Dark Star pickups yet? I think these babies would look uber sweet on an ash SG with a satin black pickguard.

Just picturing an ash SG with Dark Star's sends me the cold chills... Oh man... GAS ATTACK!!!

PS. (WARNING: GAS attack emmenent!)
  2. JSPguitars

Jan 12, 2004
    Grass Valley
    Looks promising. Being a 'deadhead' of sorts, I love seeing those old pictures of Phil playing his hollowbody bass with the 43 knobbed 'Alembicized' electronics. Order some and keep us posted! :p
    The thought of an ash SG with those pickups is def. a nice one!
  3. A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Sinny, Oztraya
  4. Jarno

Jan 27, 2005
    Umm, Isn't that Jack Casady of Jefferson Airplane on that picture?
  5. I already have plans to put some in one of my NC-4s. They're expensive but I think they would really fit the vibe of that bass.
  6. budman

budman Commercial User

Oct 7, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Formerly the owner/builder of LeCompte Electric Bass
    I just ordered a set a few days ago. Fred Hammon is a little busy right now so it's going to take about a month to get the pickups. I'm going to build my CB SC-4 design. It'll have a chambered ash body with a walnut accent stripe, a flamed anegre top with an inlayed faux Bolivian rosewood pickguard, three piece maple neck with a bolivian rosewood fingerboard and matching anegre headstock. Can't wait!
  7. !!! OMG !!!

pics are needed, as that is sure to be a beaute!

8. JSPguitars

Jan 12, 2004
    Grass Valley
    yes, that's jack casady.
    phil was on another page of that site, playing an sg or guild sg bss, i believe. his hollowbody bass looked very much like that one jack is playing though.