Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dark Star's... Anyone???

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by deathbloomslife, Aug 22, 2005.

1. So, I was browsing the Lakland website, on a mission sent by a recent gas attack (Thank you very much eViL j of Otep!!!) and I came across the Dark Star website. Actually was VERY pleased to find some sound clips available.

Have any of you guys used Dark Star pickups yet? I think these babies would look uber sweet on an ash SG with a satin black pickguard.

*drool*

Just picturing an ash SG with Dark Star's sends me the cold chills... Oh man... GAS ATTACK!!!

~Ryan

PS. (WARNING: GAS attack emmenent!)
    http://www.basspickup.com/soundclips1.htm

2. JSPguitars

JSPguitars

Jan 12, 2004
    Grass Valley
    Looks promising. Being a 'deadhead' of sorts, I love seeing those old pictures of Phil playing his hollowbody bass with the 43 knobbed 'Alembicized' electronics. Order some and keep us posted! :p
    The thought of an ash SG with those pickups is def. a nice one!

3. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Sinny, Oztraya
    Groovy!

4. Jarno

Jarno

Jan 27, 2005
    Umm, Isn't that Jack Casady of Jefferson Airplane on that picture?

5. I already have plans to put some in one of my NC-4s. They're expensive but I think they would really fit the vibe of that bass.

6. budman

budman Commercial User

Oct 7, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Formerly the owner/builder of LeCompte Electric Bass
    I just ordered a set a few days ago. Fred Hammon is a little busy right now so it's going to take about a month to get the pickups. I'm going to build my CB SC-4 design. It'll have a chambered ash body with a walnut accent stripe, a flamed anegre top with an inlayed faux Bolivian rosewood pickguard, three piece maple neck with a bolivian rosewood fingerboard and matching anegre headstock. Can't wait!

7. !!! OMG !!!

pics are needed, as that is sure to be a beaute!

~Ryan

8. JSPguitars

JSPguitars

Jan 12, 2004
    Grass Valley
    yes, that's jack casady.
    phil was on another page of that site, playing an sg or guild sg bss, i believe. his hollowbody bass looked very much like that one jack is playing though.