1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Darkglass Electronics Unveils the Alpha·Omicron

Discussion in 'News & PR' started by TalkBass, Sep 12, 2017.

1. TalkBass

TalkBass News Poster

Mar 12, 2004
    Helsinki, Finland – September 5, 2017 – With the double distortion engine (Alpha and Omega), our new creation delivers unparalleled versatility, harmonic rich and bone-crushing sound. Designed for bassists in need of a preamplifier to be distinctively heard in any musical context.

It is our pleasure to introduce to you our new Alpha·Omicron.

Controls

Blend: Mixes the clean and processed signals. The clean signal remains at unity gain while the volume of the overdriven signal is set by the Level knob, allowing for fine mix tuning.
    Level: Sets the volume of the overdriven signal.
    Drive: Sets the amount of gain in the overdriven signal.
    Mod: Selects or mixes between the two distinct distortion circuits: Alpha is punchy, tight with a lot of definition, whereas Omega is simply brutal and raw.
    Bite Switch: Boosts High Mids (2.8kHz) for additional presence and definition.
    Growl Switch: Shelving Bass Boost for a fatter tone and increased low end saturation.

The Alpha·Omicron (Alpha · Omicron – Darkglass Electronics) will be available from all Darkglass worldwide retailers. Full list of Darkglass retailers around the world: Where to buy – Darkglass Electronics

Based in Helsinki, Darkglass Electronics has been designing some of the finest effects for bass guitar in the market since 2009.

With an uncompromising commitment to excellence, a constant striving for improvement, and an absolute dedication to perfecting the craft of tone constructing, Darkglass Electronics has worked with some of the most renowned names in the Industry.

For more information feel free to visit Darkglass Electronics

Alpha·Omicron-1.JPG
    Alpha·Omicron-1.JPG Alpha·Omicron-2.JPG Alpha·Omicron-3.JPG

2. bjelkeman

bjelkeman Bass player wannabe Supporting Member

May 9, 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden
    For anyone who is interested in distorted bass, I suggest you check this one out. I have the bigger version and I am very impressed by it. Most demos are with the distortion turned to 11 (sort of), but like all Darkglass pedals this one impresses also at the "add a bit of dirt" to the sound. As the late Jerry Pournelle used to say in Byte Magazine: Recommended.

monsterthompson likes this.
  3. monsterthompson

monsterthompson The Eighth Note Wonder Of The World Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Hollywood
    Agreed. I have the big guy. I like it on cleaner settings. While the EQ is useful, it's not a deal maker/breaker for me.

4. bass40hz

bass40hz Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2014
    Sussex County, NJ
    no endorsements but would love a few ;-)
    Hmmm, interesting, I used to use a B3K and loved it but wanted something more that I couldn't get from it, I am re-homing it and presently waiting on a Boneshaker to arrive...any chance someone who owns it or "the bigger version" can tell me how the Alpha-Omicron compares to the B3K, or even the Boneshaker as far as tones go? Thx.

5. bjelkeman

May 9, 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden
    In summary, the B3K/B7K is great distorsion sound, also good clean. The AO goes to 11. (Sorry, I am unable to put words on it.)

bass40hz likes this.
  6. bass40hz

Aug 13, 2014
    Sussex County, NJ
    Hey, thanks for the reply, I appreciate it.

7. bjelkeman

May 9, 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden
    As you have tried th B7K, this video shows the difference.

gumtown and bass40hz like this.
  8. bass40hz

Aug 13, 2014
    Sussex County, NJ
    Hey thanks man! I like the Alpha-Omega, I wonder how the Alpha-Omicron compares to it...if I am reading correctly its the same engine on both pedals, I am guessing the differences are that the Omicron is smaller and less EQ fine tuning than the full size A/O...I currently have a like new B3K looking for a new home, if someone has either A/O they want to offer up as a trade I'm listening ;-)

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
  9. dcbassist5

dcbassist5 Supporting Member

May 11, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Endorsing Artist: Ashdown, Lakland, Hardwire
    Lemme guess about $300+?

10. bjelkeman

May 9, 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden
    No EQ, parallel out or DI. If I didn't have an Omega already the Omicron would have been my thing. The other functions I get on my B7K or my amp.

bass40hz likes this.
  11. bass40hz

Aug 13, 2014
    Sussex County, NJ
    Thanks man. I really appreciate you explaining things to me. Sounds like the Omicron will be my thing too when they are available.

12. anton72

anton72 Supporting Member

I got one this week, beast of a pedal! Quite different from B3K though.