1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Darkglass Harmonic Booster

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by dustinfennessey, Jan 11, 2012.

1. dustinfennessey

dustinfennessey

Sep 29, 2011
    WI
    Anyone have experience with this pedal?

2. Shegmaface

Shegmaface

Jun 25, 2010
    It adds something cool when you put it behind an overdrive pedal but on it's own, it does nothing for me. B3K is a way better pedal.

3. I have one as well as a B3K. I set the booster up as a fat mid boost, great for choruses. It also then pushes the b3k harder. I'll probably swap to a b3k pushing into a b7k though soon.

4. ryansalmond

ryansalmond

Nov 21, 2007
    Canada
    I really want to like this pedal- in a way it's right up my alley. I've been looking for a high quality replacement for the aphex xciter for years now (I only used the high end side of the effect).

Judging from the demos I've listened to it sounds good, but I wish the harmonic generator itself was controllable via knobs rather than just two on/off switches. The EQ I could do without, as my rig and most others seem to have EQs in several places anyway.

I wish the harmonic generator could be made more pronounced.

My goodness, I SO want to want this pedal. haha. Maybe a future version.

5. 4StringsEnough

4StringsEnough

Mar 9, 2008
    Love mine. One of my all-time fave pedals. Just adds a certain mojo so that, as soon as you turn the pedal off, you want it back on again.

6. ryansalmond

ryansalmond

Nov 21, 2007
    Canada
    The other thing that bugs me, now that I think about it, is that you have to choose btween the mid boost and the harmonic exciter, instead of being able to have both if you wanted. Looking forward to the update.

7. Darkglass

Darkglass Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 10, 2008
    Helsinki, Finland
    Douglas Castro, Founder: darkglass.com
    Thanks for all the kind and honest comments! We're working on very dopey ideas for the next revision of the Harmonic Booster!
    Spencer and I were discussing if some of them were actually possible to implement, I'm a believer, so is very exciting... all the US versions of the current pedals have several improvements! And the HB will probably have the most dramatic leaps!

Stay tuned ;).

8. ryansalmond

ryansalmond

Nov 21, 2007
    Canada
    <- Very excited :hyper: