1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Darkglass M900 DI Output

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by John Pinto, Aug 12, 2018.

1. John Pinto

John Pinto

Aug 12, 2018
    Hello everyone!

As the title sugests, i was wondering how the DI sound from the Darkglass M900 was.
    From my search, there isn't much mention to this, but what i heard is that the DI output is either too low or it lacks severely in quality when compared with the cabinet output. So my question is, is this reliable to be used by itself, without any cabinet whatsoever?

Thank you very much in advance!

(For context, i play in a band using a regular combo which, using a jack line out, goes to the PA, but since the combo is heavy and we don't have much space to carry it around i was considering this option of using an amp head directly to the PA. As for the choice of the amp i just really love its versatility and sound, it is just perfect for what i am looking for.)

2. I only used it a couple of times when I owned it but never had any complaints from the sound guy and it sounded as good as any solid state DI will, barring the real high end stand-alone units.

The only thing to be wary of is that on the 900 the DI output is controlled by the Master volume so you need to find a balance.