1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Darkglass Microtubes 900 Class D Amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Spector2112, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Spector2112

Spector2112

Jan 7, 2011
    Michigan
    Spotted on Instagram just now. Screenshot_2016-01-20-08-06-00-1.

No specs yet.

*EDIT - full text from Facebook

Darkglass Electronics
    Compact. Light. On a class of its own.

Since bassists adopted them, class D amplifiers were seen as convenient version of much bigger and heavier, yet better sounding, amps.

Most musicians were happy with compromising sound and power by saving money, weight and space.

So a year ago we set ourselves up to end these compromises.

We wanted the best sounding amplifier period: louder, more versatile and articulate. It just happens to be one of the lightest, most compact and elegantly designed bass amplifiers out there. Fully designed and built in Finland.

We present you the Microtubes 700."

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
  2. Daz JP

Daz JP

Aug 12, 2014
    You beat me to it. Looks purty.

Spector2112 likes this.
  3. I dont think "small" amps have been a compromise for a long time. I am happy to see them jumping in with what looks to be a great offering though.

4. Peke

Peke

Jun 7, 2008
    Parainen, Finland
    I'm interested!

physics likes this.
  5. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Royal, Oak, MI.
    Wonder how much....

6. Daz JP

Daz JP

Aug 12, 2014
    Hah - it'll cost a fortune. £799 at least I reckons. Still, shiny...

Davbassdude likes this.
  7. gunkle

gunkle Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2002
    Here's a higher resolution photo from Facebook for our speculating needs.

1397063_1092271204140671_2635640436969886989_o.

Ductapeman, mark beem, depalm and 5 others like this.
  8. gunkle

gunkle Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2002
    One notable feature is the B3K/VMT switch. Another is that according to the Facebook post "clean and drive can be engaged remotely via footswitch". This has the potential to simplify my signal path.

9. Spector2112

Spector2112

Jan 7, 2011
    Michigan
    Thanks, I was just about to update it on my original post, now I don't need to!

10. johndb

johndb Bass is the Place! Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Illinois
    I have way too many amps, but I really like this. Following this...

NOLA Bass and Spector2112 like this.
  11. I am Soma

I am Soma Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2013
    MN
    so awesome. wonder if its rackable

12. bebass

bebass Sho Me Music Commercial User

Sep 3, 2006
    Bolivar, Missouri
    ShoMeMusic.com; Authorized dealer for Bergantino, Dingwall, Darkglass, Genzler, Phil Jones Bass, Quilter, Blackstar, Cort, Traynor, and other
    I agree. There are several small amps from many different manufacturers many of us have been enjoying for quite some time and they certainly didn't feel compromised to me.
    I have a friend checking this one out at NAMM. Don't expect to see these really soon is what I was told by USA distributor; not sure if they really know any details yet.

13. Lammchop93

Lammchop93 Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2007
    Louisville, KY
    Looks like I'm starting a new rig! That b3k/vmt switch is a fantastic idea!!

14. Pickebass

Pickebass Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
    I told myself no more amps in 2016!

Double E, ProfFrink and tas236 like this.
  15. AciDBatH666

AciDBatH666

Feb 13, 2008
    Lafayette, LA
    I've been really thinking about this since I saw it when I woke up this morning. It looks like Doug's got the B7K Ultra pedal setup in an amp basically. It looks like there's 2 sides (like the pedals). The 4 band EQ with new switches for the mids (B7KU), and a Master Volume control on the right side... I'm assuming the Gain is part of the EQ

The left side is like the distortion setup of the pedals with the Level/Blend/Drive and Tone. That tone is what I'm trying to figure out. the B3K/VMT switch is pure money. I can't make out the switch on the left.

For me, this may have some uses. I run a GK MB800 Fusion so I've got tons of power in a 1U rack space. Most of my default tone goes between a Clean drive B7K and a Dirty B3K cranked up. This amp has the potential of eliminating all of my pedals that define my overdrive, leaving just effects on my pedalboard.
    This is really a tough call. If I didn't have a Darkglass setup on the floor this amp would be a no brainer... But this really makes me analyze if I want to simplify or not. Either way, SCREW YOU DOUG! Lol
    I am glad that I held out on the B7KU now. But I think I still may have this amp by the end of the year.

hintz and metalbob like this.
  16. murphy

murphy

May 5, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Hmmm...Club Bass is my Dark Glass dealer
    non American made....so US dollar price might not kill pricing
    Maybe this will be affordable in Canada????

rob2966, Andre678 and SickAura like this.
  17. jp58

jp58

Dec 9, 2009
    Tennessee
    This is definitely interesting to me. I'll have to keep this in mind when I'm making rig decisions later this year. I only with I could see what all was on the back panel.

18. NeonVomit

NeonVomit

Jan 29, 2013
    London, UK
    A class D 700w amp with the footswitchable B3K sound built in? This is big. I'm in the market for a class D amp specifically for touring.

hintz likes this.
  19. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    WHERE ARE THE SPECS

kzr750r1, Mvilmany, Gabbs and 5 others like this.