Darkglass Microtubes X Ultra power supply

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by johnyrocksville, Sep 6, 2020.

1. johnyrocksville

johnyrocksville

Feb 22, 2020
    I just ordered the MTX Ultra and it is on its way and I am trying to get prepared for its arrival. It doesn’t come with a power supply and it specifies a 9V center negative power supply. I stopped in to a shop to find a power supply and the guy recommended a TrueTone One Spot. It looks like it will work but there is nothing on the box that tells me if it is center negative. Does anyone know if this will work?

2. Adamixoye

Adamixoye A PT Pro is cool for worship, right?

Apr 9, 2012
    Occasional Beta Tester for Confusion Studios, Singular Sound, and Source Audio
    Yes, OneSpots are "Boss style" center negative.

johnyrocksville likes this.
  3. johnyrocksville

johnyrocksville

Feb 22, 2020
    Thank you, I was worried because I have some older power supplies laying around and a few of them are not center negative.

4. Adamixoye

Adamixoye A PT Pro is cool for worship, right?

Apr 9, 2012
    Occasional Beta Tester for Confusion Studios, Singular Sound, and Source Audio
    In the pedal world center negative is more common but center positive still exists. Kind of the opposite in the rest of the electronics world. You were right to check! But you're good with the OneSpot.

johnyrocksville likes this.
  5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 12, 2021