1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Darkglass Plugins

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by adamaarts, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Paul Vario

Paul Vario Commercial User

Jan 12, 2008
    New York City
    Owner/President: Paul Vario Music - Endorsing Artist for Spector Basses & Darkglass Electronics
    As a long-time lurker but new poster, I'm hoping it's within the forum rules to share this...

For this song, I used the B7K setting along with a compressor for the "rhythm bass" tone. I also used the Vintage setting to warm up up my lead tone. Like all of you, I've only had a few days to work with the Ultra Plugin, but I'm really impressed.

2. Darkglass

Darkglass Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 10, 2008
    Helsinki, Finland
    Douglas Castro, Founder: darkglass.com
    Awesome video! Thank you for the kind words.

Paul Vario likes this.
  3. devin_bass

devin_bass

Nov 1, 2012
    I purchased this plugin earlier today and I’m having a blast playing with it! I prefer it to the bass distortion tones im getting from amplitude 4 and toontrack. Is there a chance we can get the impulse responses from the dg410 or dg210, even if we have to pay?

4. jesjoo

jesjoo

Jun 30, 2015
    AO(U) and Duality coming in this format?

5. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    I think it’s a great does they did this. Really forward thinking for them, as usual ;), and I think a lot of effects stuff is going this way as time goes on so it’s a great venture for them imo. Very smart.

6. bluesfordan

bluesfordan

Sep 3, 2009
    N.H.
    if i hadn't seen that video, i would have thought the lead part was a guitar and not a bass. Now somebody please help me find my jaw, I haven't seen it since it hit the floor

Paul Vario likes this.
  7. Paul Vario

Paul Vario Commercial User

Jan 12, 2008
    New York City
    Owner/President: Paul Vario Music - Endorsing Artist for Spector Basses & Darkglass Electronics
    Thanks, that makes my day! That lead sound is a big part of my "voice" on the instrument. The Darkglass Duality through Digitech Bass Whammy is a pretty magical combination. The Darkglass Vintage Ultra setting allowed me to replace the heavy parametric EQ'ing I usually do, really improving my workflow.

Darkglass likes this.
  8. Darkglass

Dec 10, 2008
    Helsinki, Finland
    Thank you for the purchase.

We are working on a cab sim product for DAWs!

9. GentProvocateur

GentProvocateur Supporting Member

Shoot - I didn't know this. Definitely going to try this out on my VMTU.

Here's the FAQs for folks: Darkglass

I do wish the power supply options were listed in each pedal description to stay consistent since the pedals that apparently can take 18v (according to the FAQs) have language that warns against going above 9v (in each pedal's description)

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  10. TitaniumRx

TitaniumRx

Aug 3, 2012
    Oh my,i just try it and i am very pleased with the plug in.It's super super cool.:woot:
    The only problem for me is that is only 32 bit.So is not work with my Ableton Live 9 64bit daw.Works with every other daw with 32bit support.Thank you very much Doug!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

11. Darkglass

Dec 10, 2008
    Helsinki, Finland
    Hi! That’s strange, we run it in 64bit all the time!

It could be a Windows issue, please email support@neuraldsp.com so my guys can help you.

Kind regards,
    Doug.

TitaniumRx and Philly Watts like this.
  12. TitaniumRx

TitaniumRx

Aug 3, 2012
    Thanks for the reply Doug!!!:thumbsup:
    I try it with Live10 (only 64bit) and the Live8 64bit and the Vst is not visible.It worked for me only with the Live8 32bit.I run a Win10 pc.That's fine for the moment.:thumbsup:

Darkglass likes this.
  13. TitaniumRx

TitaniumRx

Aug 3, 2012
    I just solved the problem with the 64bit version of the Vst.I can use it now with all the version of the Live i have.The problem was with my pc.
    Thanks Doug for that super cool Vst.

14. JulienP.

JulienP.

Jan 28, 2016
    Netherlands
    Last trial version released this week 1.2 is very stable, much better!
    My trial stops this weekend and i'm on the fence about the plugin or Alpha/Omega Ultra.
    Would be nice to have a kind of discount program, getting EUR/$50 off when buying an ultra, ect...
    Looking at the competition Bias Pedal 17 different Disto/Fuzz/Overdrive price $80.
    Now Darkglass Plugin is very, very well done!

Very much looking forward any kind of cab sim/IR, from Darkglass.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  15. mobdirt

mobdirt

Jun 14, 2017
    hmm, the plugin market is quite "saturated"
    see what i did there :p

JulienP. likes this.