1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Darkglass question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by emerson883, Nov 28, 2017.

Tags:
  1. emerson883

emerson883

Apr 10, 2012
    I'm almost done my board. Almost. I play in a cover band that does 60s, 70s and top 40s covers type of deal with a preference to soul and r&b, and i play at church on the weekends. My board right now is a tuner an octamizer, a wonderlove and a HOF mini. playing through an ag 700 and a db 2x10. I've been thinking of adding a little bit of 'dirt' (think along the lines of Chris Brown's Fina China bassline) or fuzz with the wonderlove for when it calls for it.... I've been pretty enamoured with alot of darkglass' stuff out there, but I can't seem to find a demo of someone using it more in my setting or wheelhouse. Does anyone have experience with Darkglass in a non metal way? Or should I be looking elsewhere?

2. ddnidd1

ddnidd1 Supporting Member

Given the material you do, you might want to look at the Two Notes LeBass.

Its a great preamp for your general material and has flexible, adjustable dirt. Very versatile.

Two notes Audio Engineering - Le Bass

3. Agreed. People are going to tell you to get the VMT but it would be overkill for what you're talking about IMO. I would look elsewhere.

4. emerson883

emerson883

Apr 10, 2012
    Oh man I would love to. But its huge. probably wouldn't fit on my board :(

5. emerson883

emerson883

Apr 10, 2012
    i was looking at the vmt specifically, but again, all I've seen from it isnt the type of music that I play. I'm considering a mini foot fuzz to get that fuzzy synth sound with the wonderlove, but still open to other options

6. Darkglass

Darkglass Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 10, 2008
    Helsinki, Finland
    Douglas Castro, Founder: darkglass.com
    It's all up to you and your preferences. Below are some non-metal demos of the VMT.

Also slightly off topic, our new Alpha Omicron has been very well received by non-metal users for lower drive settings:

Whether you chose to go the Darkglass way or not, I hope these videos help you find what you want :).

Regards,
    D.

7. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    I love the Alpha Omega (or Omicron) as a low gain drive. Somebody posted some demos playing soul music, need to find those.

Darkglass likes this.
  8. emerson883

emerson883

Apr 10, 2012
    This is so helpful! thank you!

9. Darkglass

Darkglass Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 10, 2008
    Helsinki, Finland
    Douglas Castro, Founder: darkglass.com
    Thank you for the interest!

10. emerson883

emerson883

Apr 10, 2012
    UPDATE: Alpha Omicron arrived yesterday.... Its a fantastic pedal, and it actually suits my style of playing and is exactly what I'm looking for. Unbelievable Bass OD.

jrick7, Being and Bass and Jakeman like this.