1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Darkglass Tone Capsule Question

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by JDLowEnd, Nov 2, 2018.

1. JDLowEnd

JDLowEnd Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2010
    Norwich, CT
    Has anyone used a Darkglass Tone Capsule preamp with a bass that does not have knobs for seperate bass, mid, treble? I have a Spector Rebop 4mm with three knobs (1-master volume/push-pull 2-bass 3-treble). I am not a fan of the tonepump preamp and am looking to go a different route.

I noticed that the supplied pots and board have proprietary connectors and looks like I would need to have 4 knobs in order to be able to use the preamp. Can the tone capsule be modified to use a stacked knob pot?

2. Yes, but you'd need to measure the pots they send you & get the same values for your concentric pot, or ask them in advance what values to use, or even ask if they can supply a concentric pot.

3. JDLowEnd

JDLowEnd Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2010
    Norwich, CT
    Okay thanks, I was concerned because it has that “emg type” connectors and I didn’t know if these were proprietary to Darkglass that would make it so a regular concentric pot setup would work

4. You'd need to cut off the connectors & solder the wires to a regular concentric pot.