1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Darkglass Ultra Vintage hum with T-Rex

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by malcolm.mcintyr, Oct 2, 2017.

1. malcolm.mcintyr

malcolm.mcintyr

Jul 19, 2010
    I am finding my Vintage Ultra unuseable on stage with a T-Rex Fuel Tank power supply, due to obvious mains hum on the distortion channel, even at low drive settings. There is no hum on the clean channel. The unit alsoo works fine with a Pedaltrain Volto battery supply.
    Can you let me know which power supplies you are using with the Ultra Vintage, and whether you get any hum?
    thanks

2. Real Soon

Real Soon

Aug 15, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    I just ordered one of these and will first try it with a standard Dunlop adapter, then try plugging it in to my pedalboard's 1-Spot CS12. Hopefully it works with the Dunlop (or another similar adapter) because I want to be able to record with it in the studio, and schlepping a brick, to say nothing of an entire pedalboard, for single-pedal work would get old fast.

Got my fingers crossed it plays nicely with them both.