1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Darkglass Vintage Deluxe 2.0?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Crazy Otto, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Crazy Otto

Crazy Otto

Jan 11, 2016
    Germany
    I noticed DG has updated their Vintage Deluxe, it now has the same controls as the B7K (toggles, extra mid replacing the era knob). Can anyone enlighten me on the differences between the two if this is the case?

2. Adamixoye

Adamixoye A PT Pro is cool for worship, right?

Apr 9, 2012
    Occasional Beta Tester for Confusion Studios, Singular Sound, and Source Audio
    It's true. The "Era" knob that is missing has been "hardwired fully open" according to Doug. You should check out the main Darkglass thread for more information beyond that.

3. sunbeast

sunbeast Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    The difference between the VMTD and B7K is in the general voicing. I read somewhere that there are only a few component differences between them, but they have completely different characters as a result. The B7K tends towards a more modern scooped tone that excels at higher gain (as scooped pedals tend to), where the VMTD has a more mid-prominent tone that I think excels at low to medium gain. Most of the VMTD v2s out in the wild now are demo models, but the added control should add more versatility to the general ingrained character.

andrew likes this.
  4. Crazy Otto

Crazy Otto

Jan 11, 2016
    Germany
    yeah, that's what i figured...basically the same box with different voicing componentry. looks like the new version certainly does add more versatility.