Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Darkness or Light?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Michael Jewels, Dec 7, 2004.

1. I found this in my travels on the web, and thought it was worth sharing.

www.world-clock.org

The light blue dot is where the sun is at the moment. Check back every hour or so and see how the map moves. Check back at about 5 O' clock EDT (Eastern Daylight Time) and you can see how northern Alaska meets the night before the southern part of the state. :cool:

Gets you jealous of the people in South America, Australia and New Zealand, doesn't it?

Enjoy.

Mike ;)

2. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Thats a cool site, I am however dissappointed because i thought this was going to be a great exsistentialist discussion thread.

3. :D :p

Mike :D

4. Thanks Mike, that's pretty cool!

5. Edit: Alaska is in darkness right now, as is most of the extreme northern hemisphere, but when it gets what little daylight that it does at this time of the year, Alaska slips into darkness* from north to south.

I thought it was interesting. :p

Mike :D

* Remember that song by War?

6. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    That's pretty cool man. Is it live, or does it move on the page by itself, or do you have to reload the page to see it move?

7. I'm not 100% sure, but I think you have to reload the page to see it move.

Australia's waking up now. :D

Oooo - look at it now; it's an almost perfect Yin/Yang symbol. :cool:

Mike

8. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Let's see if it updates when linked...
    [​IMG]

9. fatbassjazzer

fatbassjazzer

Feb 27, 2004
    ATL
    Yup it works when its linked. I checked a few hours ago and it has since moved. Thats pretty cool.

10. I had one of those on a watch once..I now have a cooler one that shows actual tides/height and moon phases..