1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Darkstar Telebass - Telestar....PRICE DROP!!!....$900 shipped

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by g4string, Oct 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g4string

g4string Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
    Nothing wrong with the bass. I just prefer my A bass more. I really could use the $$ for other things. So....gonna put this one back in the market. The bass sounds AMAZING!! The Hammond Dark Star sounds like a monster P pup should. You want that Phil Lesh 70's Dead sound, this will get there with flats. Want more rock, string with rounds. Its an extremely versatile pup. I really would like to keep it.....but again, could use the $$ for other things. And find myself reaching for the A Bass most of the time. Here's your chance if you missed it last time. NOW, $925 shipped. Respectfully add, NO TRADES. UNFORSEEN MEDICAL BILLS DRIVING THE PRICE DROP.

Specs;
    Warmoth ash body, subtle Antigua finish
    Hammond Darkstar pickup
    Bayou wiring harness
    CTS pots
    orange drop cap
    Gotoh 201 bridge
    Hipshot ultralight tuners
    Strung with LaBella Flats
    8.4lbs
    1.5" nut
    BEM neck w/ BEM board
    Abalone dots/markers
    Bill Geibitz custom neck

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f126/darkstar-tele-bass-1007729/ - original owners FS thread (for reference)

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f126/telestar-1016724/ - previous owners FS thread (for reference)

Pics stolen from previous owners photo bucket. Nothing has changed in the week I have spent with the bass. I would take my own photo's, but my pocket digital camera is broken and my DSLR is out of town with the wifey. It's borrowed pics or cell phone pics.....

dstele001_zps40a3ce39.

dstele002_zps02a72714.

dstele012_zpsecffc858.

dstele011_zpse6eede85.

dstele015_zps2a074f64.

dstele003_zpscb98f0c0.

dstele006_zps59df090d.

dstele007_zps1d54cbb6.

dstele009_zps36b71a26.

2. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    I dig this one. Trying to envision with a tort guard and all chrome hardware.

Do you happen to know the fret size? Are they medium jumbo or more vintage-sized?

3. Super sweet bass. GLWTS!

4. g4string

g4string Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
    Sorry, forgot to mark the thread as sold/closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.