1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Darkstarred Artcore

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jimmy rocket, Sep 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimmy rocket

jimmy rocket

Jan 24, 2008
    Ayden, NC
    I can't believe I'm considering this, but I'm thinking of putting my beloved DS Artcore up for adoption. I'm really GASing for a Lakland Decade, and the only way I'm going to make that happen is by liquidating some of my other toys. I do however, reserve the right to pull this ad if I should come to my senses in the next few days.

This is a full size Ibanez Artcore, in fantastic condition that has gotten the DarkStar treatment. I love it, and it's everything I hoped it would be, but like I said, GAS is a cruel mistress.

4714941229_a9e6873243_b.png

4714940945_05493474df_b.png

The DS is strong, clear and articulate with an unbelievable frequency response.

It comes with an Epiphone Jack Casady case that's seen some use but it still strong and functional (and emblazoned with my band logo)

The case is huge and doesn't fit into normal boxes, so I'd love to see this stay local, but I'll certainly consider shipping.

I'm trying to get what I put into this bass, so hows about $650 (plus whatever shipping costs if I ship it) ConUS only please.

The ONLY trade I would be interested in is this toward a Lakland Skyline Decade + some cash from me.

2. kai_ski

kai_ski

Apr 14, 2007
    Wenatchee, WA
    The Artcore was one of my first good basses. I had the purple one. I sold it, but wish I hadn't because I would do exactly the same mod.

3. jimmy rocket

jimmy rocket

Jan 24, 2008
    Ayden, NC
    Yeah, this is a really well put together bass. It's a smooth player with the chromes it's currently wearing, and it responds particularly well to pick playing.

Like I said, I may come to my senses on this one, but I've wanted a Decade since they first came out, so I'm looking in that direction.

4. ugh I wish I had the cash for this baby. I've been jonesing for a hollowbody AND I miss my darkstar... free bump

5. Sexy

6. jimmy rocket

jimmy rocket

Jan 24, 2008
    Ayden, NC
    Indeed ;)

7. screaminglucy

screaminglucy

Jul 20, 2009
    TX, USA
    you won't regret the decade they are great basses

8. iri5hpunk21

iri5hpunk21

Feb 1, 2009
    MAN I wish I had the $$...stupid paycheck being so far away haha

9. Marcocolo

Marcocolo

Sep 10, 2008
    Fairfield,Iowa
    PM sent.

10. Crockettnj

Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ
    SWEET bass !

11. ghiadub

ghiadub Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2006
    Auburn, CA
    So awesome. This is the best use of a DS - they come alive in a hollowbody

12. jimmy rocket

jimmy rocket

Jan 24, 2008
    Ayden, NC
    FYI everyone, this is a 34" scale.

13. jimmy rocket

jimmy rocket

Jan 24, 2008
    Ayden, NC
    Still here, and I want to add that I would also trade toward some Aguilar DB cabs.

14. jimmy rocket

jimmy rocket

Jan 24, 2008
    Ayden, NC
    Still available, and I'm still GASing for a Lakland.

On another thread I'm trying to sell my Maxon delay, Groove Regulator and a few other pedals to sweeten the deal, but I'd be happy to work them into a trade.

15. sandman

sandman

Apr 13, 2004
    Melbourne
    so pretty...

16. jimmy rocket

jimmy rocket

Jan 24, 2008
    Ayden, NC
    trade in the works.

17. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 5, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.