Darn confusing ohms

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by RAT TAT TAT, Apr 12, 2005.

1. ok, if i have 2 ampeg 8 ohm cabinets (a svt115 and 410) and i run it like this. svt3pro <- speakon cable -> 410 <-speakon cable -> 115. what is the ohmage that i am running at?
  2. jtsam

Apr 11, 2005
    4 right? unless it makes a difference how you run the cables (not sure about that), but if you're running 2 cabs that are 8 ohms each they will be at 4 together, just right for your svt3 pro which has a min. ohm load of 4.

just curious, how well does that amp push all those speakers? i'm looking to do something similar to you (only difference would be 2x15 instead of 1x15) just dont know if the 275w at 4 ohms would be enough.
  3. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
  4. well its 275 @ 8 ohms and 450 @ 4. i wont know im not running that rig yet, i still have my 6x10.
  5. SirPoonga

Jan 18, 2005
    depends if in parallel or series. Most cbient that have a daist chain jack seem to wire in parallel. So my guess is 4ohm. If in series then 16ohm.
  6. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    4 ohms impedance (not ohmage).
  7. thanks for the help guys. and yea, the ampeg cabs in question have speakon inputs and outputs for "daisy" chaining. thanks again.