Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Darn Darn Darn....AHHHHHHH....terrible gig story from last night

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by JWC, May 19, 2001.

1. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    After set #1 I went and stood outside of the club on this little deck they have. I had sang in the first set and pretty much was the wild performer (crazy outfit and stage antics, etc.). This beautiful, and I mean beautiful girl came up and told me how good a singer I was and all. She started hugging on me and rubbing my face with her hands. I was like, "this is cool." She had the most gorgeous eyes you've ever seen and she was killing my heart with them as she started right into my eyes. She was a tad drunk, but not too too sloppy (just a little). Well, her friend wanted to leave and the girl wanted to stay and watch the rest of the show and hang with me. The sober girl grabbed her and she broke away from her and went back to me. She fell against me (ok, she was well on the way) and told me just to "hold me". Well, bout that time, the bouncer came and said, "let me get her off of you". The guy then started flirting. Well, bout time the girl got back to me and wanted to go talk. But guess what, her friend grabbed her again and made her leave. What the hell is these people's problem? AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I didnt even get a number either.

2. sn0wblind

sn0wblind

Apr 20, 2000
    Ontario, Canada
    you gotta be more like the "bad ass" rock stars,
    like: Danzig, Henry Rollins, Dave Mustaine, James Hetfeild,
    Sabastian Bach,etc. and cammand others respect!!!!!

3. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    I take it you never cOmmanded your teacher to teach you teach you spelling, eh? :D

4. hehe, you beat me and Mr. Smarty pants.. or whatever he calls himself... to it! nice work. :D

5. Yeah, but that's only because I was dead tired after 3 nights of The Whereabouts of Wally Dudes. :p

6. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Your fault buddy.... what were you doing just standing there? Chicks aren't going to do all the work for ya. :D Interesting that you don't mention your show at all was this chick the highlight of it? Don't forget you were supposed to be the entertainer. ;)

Boy I better click the spell-check button I already know my spelling sucks.

7. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

I'll be the voice of dissent here. Could you possibly be interested in starting up a relationship with a young woman who allows herself to drink to the point she is noticeably inebriated? Besides if she came on to you like that, how do you know she doesn't do that to every musician? Set your sights higher, man.

8. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    Sober friends suck.

I had the same experience a few years back in Panama City Florida during Spring Break. After a totally uneventful week, I finally really clicked with this astoundingly georgeous and somewhat drunk girl on the dancefloor. We were all over each other and her damn stupid sober friend kept pulling her away. Her friend won.

The next day I saw her on the beach and got video's of her in her bikini.... her sober friend was still her guardian, and I'm still sad. Nothing but 5 minutes of frustrating video and a "damn, that coulda been great!".

9. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Guess what we have here are dramatic differences in viewpoint by gender and generation. My advice may have been motherly, not what a young man would greet with enthusiasm.

From my point of view a drunk woman, no matter how sexy and enchanting is just an eighteen wheeler full of potential trouble. I say stay away from drunks...most especially a drunk women. No telling what she'll claim you did when she sobers up. Besides, if you got to get her drunk to get her, where is the satisfaction in that?

You young men here deserve better than young women who don't have the self control to curb their drinking when they have had enough. That's just motherly advice, but I know that and thrity five cents will get you a local phone call.

10. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    Jason,
    I understand where you are coming from most definitely. I think that we do deserve resptectable women who carry themselves in a lady-like manner.

However....
    Alot of really great girls aren't attratced to musicians (especially rock musicians who play clubs). I have heard it from many girls. They say things like....

musicians can't be trusted
    musicians will cheat on you in a minute
    they are all drunks and druggies
    etc.

well of course these are dumb generalizations, but they hold true to alot of women. I feel like sometimes a good woman is so damn hard to find, I don't think twice about taking a drunk little loud mouth girl home.

To Gabu,
    I was trying to do the work man. I was trying to get her to hang out with me and maybe take a little walk. But her friend kept yanking her away.

To Joe Nerve,
    Sober friends suck royally. Why the hell should they try to take away our prize just because no damn guy is paying attention to them.

11. i usually am that sober friend. taking advantage of inebriated girls is not cool.

12. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    Well aren't you proud of yourself. BOOTY BLOCKER!!!!!

13. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    What do you mean "we"?

14. well, come on. imagine how horrible a gal would feel if she woke up in the morning alongside JWC.

yikes.

:D

15. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
  16. Same here.
    Or at least I WOULD be, if I ever bothered to go out & watch my friends get drunk...

17. I feel the same way Jason, just so you know. I'm 16. Taking advantage of drunken girls is a stereotype anyway. Do you want to give the girl the satisfaction of getting to bitch about how much of a bastard you are the next day?:D

But, you wanna know the scariest thing about drunken women. They are so damn tough. They start fights and give mouth to anyone who gets in their way. Do you want to be the one volunteered for fights by some girl you just met?:rolleyes:

18. No, the trick would be to get her phone number, then call her back a few days later to see if she wants to go out for coffee or something. This would either give her pause to consider what she was actually doing while drunk, or if she remembered, give you a chance to meet her without the chemical influence.

As for JO's opinion that a drunk girl is automatically a boat-load of trouble, I can't really agree with this. People get drunk. Heck, *I* get drunk. Not all the time. Not to the point of blacking out.

Now if you started dating the girl and she got that drunk ALL the time, there's a different thing altogether.

FF

19. Last Sunday, right before we started to play, someone did something which made me angry. Needless to say, I played so bad I almost walked out. It took my four songs to get back into the groove.

Has this happened to anyone else, and how did you handle it ?