1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Darn it, that pesky Jazz Bass club started by Bryan R. Tyler is giving me G.A.S.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by de la mocha, Nov 10, 2010.

1. de la mocha

de la mocha

Aug 20, 2005
    NEW JERSEY
    After I done traded my blasted Jazz too. Crap, I suck. It's been like forever since I played one too but I was fed up with the hum.

But after I bought my hum debugger that wasn't an issue no more, but my P was seeing all the action.

I know Jazz basses sit different in the mix, but I forgot how, can someone remind me. Damn, I'm gonna try to get my old bass back if it wasn't already sold. I suck for doing this kind of stuff all the time. :scowl:

2. They sit awesome in the mix :p.

3. Staccato

Staccato Low End Advocate

Aug 14, 2009
    Alabama
    Hmmm, I've got three Jazz basses left at the moment, no G.A.S. this week...

4. steamthief

steamthief

Jan 25, 2006
    Mentone Beach
    LOL, this thread is one I could've created! I've bought and sold four Jazz basses - a MIA '75 RI, MIA Hot Rod, MIM Classic 60's and US Hamer Cruise, none of which sounded better than my trusty P/J. I wanted them to, but at the end of the day they all flew the coop.

I was in GC the other day, and figured I'd check out the latest American Standard on the wall, sunburt/rosewood/tort, my favorite looks-wise. Played it and it sounded amazingly good. Put it back before I did something stupid. :)

5. de la mocha

de la mocha

Aug 20, 2005
    NEW JERSEY
    I'm curious to see what that bass looks like. Can you post a pic?

6. steamthief

steamthief

Jan 25, 2006
    Mentone Beach
    Which one, my P/J, or the flying basses?