Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Darn You to the Heck Gard!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SharkB8, Jan 18, 2006.

1. SharkB8

SharkB8

May 29, 2002
    NorCal
    Interesting day yesterday was. Like always...I'm checking in on the classifieds to see what's shakin'. Up pops a minty SKB 3006 Fretless, email the seller, all looks to be in place. Get a confirmation of the seller through Basso Gruvitas...pay for the bass....now waiting for it to ship. Should be here next week.

Teaser pic (until I take mo' betta' ones).

I blame the following:
    GARD
    Basso
    Keith Roscoe
    Legion of Roscoe followers

I've been hearing so much yappin' about how great they are, it's time to put up or shut up guys....;)

Specs:
    SKB 3006 Fretless
    Diamondwood f/b
    Exhibition Quilt top
    Ash Body (we think)
    Roscoe Red finish
    Bartolini 18v pre and pups
    Estate Ivory Nut

Tone report to follow.

2. Thats not a real Roscoe. Ill send you a check for $50 to take that "Roscoe" off your hands... :ninja:

3. Pruitt

Pruitt

Jun 30, 2005
    Danbury, CT
    Sweet!!

4. SharkB8

SharkB8

May 29, 2002
    NorCal

I'll take my chances...but let you know if it ends up being a box o' toothpicks.

I notice Gard is conspicuously absent from this thread. All the more proof the man is just evil.

:bag:

5. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Schwiiiiing!!!!!!!!

:hyper:

Beautiful!! Enjoy her!!

6. Shawnost

Shawnost It's all about the Hamiltons baby! Supporting Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Huntersville, NC
    As one of the legion of Roscoe fans, allow me to say "welcome" and at the same time "You are welcome". That second statement will become much more obvious to you after you plug the bass in for the first time. :) :)

Shawn

BTW, nice looking bass!

7. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    +1

SharkB8, better have an extra set of shorts handy when you hit that B, tho. :)

I wanna' see better pics, but that is one sweet lookin' SKB... I've always LOVED the unlined look... just never been able to handle it. Don't spend enough time on fretless.

8. SharkB8

SharkB8

May 29, 2002
    NorCal
    I know what you mean. My Marchlewski is the 'gut buckler'. I've tried several fretted Roscoes (of different vintages), and the B was really nice, so this one should be no different. My 'lewski (IMHO) still holds the title for the most devastating B, but we'll see how this matches up.

9. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Holy crap! Wow, a B any stronger than my LG and I'd have to adjust the pickups to back it off! Seriously, the B on my LG is so powerful I actually find myself backing off on pluck pressure to keep it from diggin' too hard into the compressor. :)

10. SharkB8

SharkB8

May 29, 2002
    NorCal
    I know what you mean. The keyboardist and I give people fits, he goes for the low B on his 88, when I hit the low B and I gently roll bass up as the note decays...it's unreal. At about 1/2 volume on the church's rig, I can feel the woofers hitting their excursion limits when I drop the bomb. They have quad 21's for FOH sound, that makes things really interesting....people go incontinent when me and the keyboard guy go nuts...

11. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    (ewwwww) LOL!

There was a guy selling an Accugroove rig with the Tri-210 and the 118 cab. Now, imagine that with about a kilowatt of horsepower behind it... I'm thinkin' there won't be any dust left in yer jeans on a low B...

Why do laundry? Just play the bass and turn it up! :D

12. SharkB8

SharkB8

May 29, 2002
    NorCal
    ha ha ha ha....

How 'bout a slogan?

Something like...

"All the B..enefits, without the fiber"

:D

13. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Or, "How would you like your Roscoe-lonic?"

14. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Speaking for Mr. Roscoe and myself:

Innocent until proven guilty.

:bag:

15. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    I, on the other hand, accept full responsibility.

However, my accountability is limited to "NYA NYA NYA - TOLD YOU SO!" :D :D :D