Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Darren McGavin RIP

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by P. Aaron, Feb 27, 2006.

1. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Darren McGavin RIP

Many of you remember him for "A Christmas Story". I remember him for being the news reporter; Kolchak of the "Night Stalker" TV movies and TV drama.

As a youngster, I dug the modern day Dracula in Las Vegas and Kolchak's persuit of him. There's a Seattle drama called: "The Night Strangler" another 'Kolchak' movie, that takes place in an abandoned undeground part of Seattle.

They were pretty cool flicks. At the time, nobody else was doing things like that on TV so it was a cool deal.

Fun stuff.

2. jkritchey

jkritchey

Jul 23, 2002
    Northern Va.
    +1 on the Night Stalker. I thought that was great. And his role in the Christmas Story is a classic....

RIP

3. NOTAFINGAH!

RIP

4. excane

excane Banned

Aug 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    Such a good actor. Sad too, because I just finished watching the first season of "Alfred Hitchcock presents" on dvd where he appeared in several episodes.

"fra-gi-le....ah that must be italian!" such a classic.

5. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    I recently got a box of speakers from schroeder to replace the drivers in my current cabinet. Each one of the Emminence boxes was marked "fragile". My 9yr old son looks in the box and says, "hey those speakers must be italian". LOL, I sh*t you not. That movies plays on continuous loop every christmas on TNT , and there's at least one TV tuned to it at all times on Christmas.

FFFFFFFFuuuuuuddddddddggggggeee !