SOLD Darrin Huff Rainbow Bass Fretless

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by rmichael, May 20, 2016.

1. rmichael

rmichael Supporting Member

Jan 6, 2006
    Central Illinois
    Price:
    $2250.00
    Strings:
    Fretless:
    • Y
    image.jpeg This is a Darrin Huff 4-String Fretless Rainbow Bass. Scale length is 34". The workmanship is flawless and the bass looks and plays amazing. The bass is equipped with Nordstrand Jazz Humbuckers and an Aguilar OBP-1 Preamp.

I'm only selling because I'm an EMG guy and while this bass sounds great, it's just not my sound.

Thought about having Huff route it out and replace with EMG's but the lead time would be at least (10) years.....lol.

Asking $2250 or best reasonable offer!

PM if interested.

Last edited: May 20, 2016
    laslen and DiabolusInMusic like this.
  2. rmichael

Jan 6, 2006
    Central Illinois
    More pics.

Attached Files:

3. Mvilmany

Mvilmany

Mar 13, 2013
    Upstate NY
    Darrin Huff... Name sounds familiar.

4. drumsnbass

drumsnbass Bassic User

Dec 13, 2004
    Phoenix AZ area
    Does he make basses? I thought he just collects deposits.

Last edited: May 20, 2016
  5. Blackbird

Blackbird Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    I don't want to be the heavy-handed moderator, but i'm sure the seller of this bass would like to keep this thread free of side conversations.

Please keep your comments regarding the alleged character of the builder in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

Any recordings of the bass so we can hear what it sounds like?

jwr, funkbass187 and DiabolusInMusic like this.
  6. rmichael

Jan 6, 2006
    Central Illinois
    I've had a few nice trade offers. However, I could use cash more than a trade as I need to recoup funds for bass gear that I've already purchased. That said, for Memorial Day weekend I'm putting a temporary sale on the bass of $1650, shipped. Sale ends on Monday.
    This is a $4000 bass (new) so this is a great deal.

Darrin doesn't have a great reputation for fulfilling orders. However, when he "does" deliver, his work is impeccable and honestly rivals any CT, Alembic, ect.,. My local guitar Tech has been in the business forever and has done work for top pros. He's worked on every bass you can think of from $15K Alembics to $10K CT's and when he set this bass up for me he was literally in awe and stated that this was honestly one of the nicest, well made basses that he's ever laid his hands on. Darrins attention to detail is amazing, from the matching wood knobs and pickup covers to the custom machined Cocobolo bridge and watching wooden inserts in the Sperzle locking machine heads. Pictures just do not do this bass justice.

This bass is a rare find and I don't think any buyer would be disappointed. If it weren't for the fact that I'm not into the Jazz Bass sound and that I'm more of an hi-fi EMG guy, I'd hang onto this bass forever.

Regarding the above post, I do not have any recordings. However, I can say that it nails the Jazz bass, funk, R&B sound.

Last edited: May 28, 2016
  7. Brutus74

Brutus74 Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2013
    Ohio
    Very cool

8. tomhanks2006

tomhanks2006

Apr 22, 2014
    This bass still available?
    Thanks

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 28, 2021