1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Date My EBMM fretless

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by peterpalmieri, Sep 2, 2008.

1. peterpalmieri

peterpalmieri Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Babylon, NY
    Hey guys I appreciate your assistance in advance. I am sorry I don't have any pictures with me here at work. In any case I am really curious as to what year it was built. I can take photos of the headstock and serial number if necessary.

It is -

Color - Black
    Neck - 5 bolt with a contoured heel
    Bridge - has adjustable string mutes
    Tuners - drop D factory installed on E string

In addition I was told that the black nylon tape wound strings were put on when the bass was new and have not been changed since.

Anyone that can provide me with information on what year it was built along with any further information including what it's current value may be.

Thanks again......

2. If you head over to the EBMM forum and tell them the serial number they will tell you the date.

For a general dating go to Rod Trussbroken's great site:

http://myweb.ecomplanet.com/TOWN8019/

3. peterpalmieri

Apr 19, 2005
    Babylon, NY
    I will do that from home tonight -

It is certainly a Sterling and looks to be from '93 to '98 we'll see later I guess.

4. If its got mutes it's pre 95

5. peterpalmieri

Apr 19, 2005
    Babylon, NY
    Ok! So you've helped me narrow it down to '93 to '95.

Are these saught after instruments?

Any idea of it's value?

6. kevteop

kevteop

Feb 12, 2008
    York, UK
    I recently bought a totally mint condition fretless from the same period, got it pretty cheap, so no - I don't think they're especially sought-after.

If it's unlined it will be worth less. If it's lined it will be worth about the same as a used fretted model, depending on the condition of course.

7. peterpalmieri

Apr 19, 2005
    Babylon, NY
    It's an unlined fretless model.

8. mikeswals

mikeswals Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    There's always a date stamp the neck pocket.
    But if you don't feel like unbolting the neck, then usually there's a sticker fixed to the back of the pots or preamp with a handwriten date.

9. Rano Bass

Rano Bass

Sep 9, 2006
    Tijuana Mex.
    Not much since the bass is not that old and fretless basses are not very popular.

I say around $800 - $900.