Dated someone from the net

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by teprodic, Mar 22, 2003.

1. I'm just wondering but have any of you guys ever met someone from the internet and actually gone out on a blind date? How did it go?
  2. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

My wife, sort of.
  3. way_of_opiatism

way_of_opiatism 28d, 6h, 42m, 12 seconds

Feb 5, 2003
    i've hung out with 2 women that i had "known" online for 2 or so years, it was fun we had a blast.

a guy from my old work was a huge Everquest guy and went to meet some girl in colorado (he's in ga) came back a week later, engaged, and moved there later in that same month. havent heard from him since, neither has his best friend/roomate who he was the bestman for at the guys wedding. so his experience either is going very well or fatally wrong :meh:
  4. oddentity

oddentity Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2000
    I met my girlfriend on the net. It went pretty well - we've been together for about two years now. ;)
  5. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    I met a cousin I never knew I had on the internet. I was browsing a personals website (back when you they didn't charge you money to send a message to someone, who's ad caught your interest) and saw a girl that lived about 15 miles from me so I sent her a message. Turned out we had the same last name. (which was strange since a lot of people don't have my last name) We checked it out, and it turns out that her grandfather was my grandfather's uncle, I believe. Anyways, she's pretty cool and I hang out with her pretty often.
  6. Once. We had been chatting and mailing for abouth 3-4 months, and I happend to be in the town where she lived...sent a SMS and asked her out, and we sat opposite fro each other at a table, staring at each other for 30 mins. Haven't heard much from her since, we were both shocked that the other had taken a big fall off the ugly tree...
  7. the current girl i'm almost with I met in person, but other than me waving and saying "hi," thats all it was...and I got to know her i dont know if that counts.
  8. I have. It was great until she two timed me.... :bawl: But i got talking to her best friend who lives in the same state and after about a year of just us talking and both being single for that year we ended up doing a "net thing". Now some 3 years down the track, never met etc its going a little shaky. *shrugs*

9. I forgot to mention but this girl just emailed me about two months ago asking me about my band. I decided to add her to my messenger so that we can talk. After a while of talking I started liking her because she is so much like me. At this point we're really close friends and well I'm gonna go see her this coming week. If I have a blast and see some chemistry going on I'm gonna plan on asking her out. Anyways she only lives a city away from me.:cool:
  10. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    My fiance's roommate is now seriously dating a guy that she met through an internet dating service. They are doing really well it seems. We were all quite suspicious of him at first because he just seemed to come out of nowhere, different state, new to the area etc... In our minds he could be anyone (he still can) but he seems cool so far. Met his sister tonight and she seemed pretty normal too, except for having a massive Georgian (as in US, not former Soviet Union) accent.

brad cook

Edit: Oh and for those wondering...she DIDN'T fall off the ugly tree. She's actually pretty hot (I say that in the spirit of realism...not in the spirit of Jerry Springer - I'm quite happy with my fiance) and she's going to be a doctor too!
  11. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    Met my wife on the at first sight! We got engaged within two months, and married before the tenth month! We're now expecting our first child to arrive just shortly after our second anniversary (we have two daughter's from her previous relationship!)

She is my perfect match, and I never would have thought I would have found her on the net. Strange things happen!
  12. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I met a girl through a singer wanted ad I posted for my band.

She's got a killer voice and she's pretty from the pictures Ive seen of her online. We've been talking about meeting up for about a month and we went to the same show last night but I had to leave before a common friend would introduce us. Too bad but Im sure there will be other times.

We'll probably just end up jamming together and doing the music thing, but I figured since its an atractive girl I met online id go ahead and include the story.

13. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I know quite a few couples who have met through the 'net, or through dial-up BBS's (pre-internet). At least five of those couples then got married... that includes my brother and sister-in-law.
  14. Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002 room...
    my brother did.. and hes still going out with her.. in fact hes going to canada next week.

I have..but they just lead to heartache for me =/

oh well... At least i meet most of these people somehow too... =X
  15. Once. She was a student at SUNY-New Paltz, about three hours from here, and the time I saw her was when I was driving back from NYC anyway. We had a fun time talking and then cuddling and making out most of the night--she was quite attractive, I had to say--but the distance precluded any further face-to-face meetings during the ensuing summer, when I was in Rochester.

She tried to recruit me to Amway/Quixtar back in September, and she was offended when I told her straight-out that she was being exploited for her religious beliefs (Nazarite), so we haven't spoken since. I haven't really thought about her since.
  16. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    I've blind-dated couple girls via internet. They were quite normal, nice gals.. one I dated around 6 months or so before we broke up.
  17. Wait...I forgot about one. Binghamton University student (~40 miles from here). ASS-nasty. She was pretty annoying to begin with, and she had gained at least 100 pounds since her photograph was taken. Being that neither my brain nor my wang were particularly turned on by her, I blocked her on IM and went my own way.
  18. yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Hmm, about 2 weeks ago I got an email from an online dating service, which might I add I signed up as my freind got a whole pound (£1!) for it though his affilaiton prgram (online ads).

It was around last march that I signed up, and never once had a reply (I assumed that Id entered dodgy information, as my sole intent for joining was to earn a freind a pound).

Reckon I should reply? ;)
  19. AltIII

Sep 3, 2002
    I have a bad memory about meeting someone online. I was new in town and I'm pretty bashful, so I met someone in a chat room who happened to be in the same town. After chatting for about a month, we decided to meet at a school's swing dance. Once there, her lesbian girlfriend started threatening me and stuff. I found out later that they were pulling one over on me and not only did her girlfriend go to my school and had a boyfriend, but we had mutual friends. That was my junior year and we both graduated never talking to each other.
    I think it's kinda tragic since we probably could've ended up good friends.
  20. Mike A

Mike A Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2002
    Yep, used one of the online dating services for about a week. I'd never used one, neither had she. One week after our first email, we went on our first date. We've been dating for about 2 months now, and I'm still waiting... waiting.. for something, anything to bug me about this girl. I'd almost decided that relationships just weren't for me, and become comfortable being single. Now I believe in love again.... And yes, I'm just as happy as I look in the pic. (Awwww... yeah, I'm a big f**kin' teddy bear, aren't I.)
    ...this was about 4am after a gig... fading fast.
    Who am I to fight it? :D