Dates in "For Sale" listings

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by JTGale, Feb 9, 2005.

1. JTGale

Oct 26, 2004
    Hummelstown, PA
    Maybe this has been suggested before. I dunno. But it would be helpful if the original posting date of an item for sale would somehow be in the initial listing on the "For Sale" page. It could go after the name of the one who is listing the item. This way, you can tell right off to bat before opening the thread if the post is old, or not. Just a thought ...
  2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    It is already. Right above your username is a date and time stamp. That is the date and time you posted this thread. Right above my name is the date and time I posted my comment.

Oh want it to show before you click on the thread right? I just figured out what you were thinking. Yeah, that would be a good idea. Maybe the next time I sell something, I will put the date in my thread title.

3. why not just look at the date of the last post?
  4. JTGale

Oct 26, 2004
    Hummelstown, PA
    That is the problem that I have. Someone, usually a noob, will find an old post and respond to it, bumping it to the top of the list. Then, as I see the post, I get excited about a "new" item for sale. (Yes, I have premanent GAS!) If the when-posted date was in the initial window/item listing, then you would know right off if the post was 2 or 3 years old or if it was new.

Maybe it is just me ... :eyebrow: I am just trying to save time from having to look at every post each time one jumps to the top ... :(
  5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

With all due respect, the moderators do not have time to look for old threads and delete them.

Besides, I for one like having the old posts. The items that actually sold make a handy reference for checking market value on stuff.
  6. JTGale

Oct 26, 2004
    Hummelstown, PA
    I mean no offense here. I agree that the old posts are good information, especially if you are looking to move some gear and want to see what the market might be and what it will support. I just thought that in the coding the date of the original could be posted by the original poster's name, much like it is next to the names of the most recent poster.

Again, I am sure that I am way off-base and am sounding like a whiner. I am sorry if any took offense to this idea.
  7. no i totally see it and think its a great idea