Dating a bassist?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Spectorphile, Mar 16, 2005.

1. Spectorphile

Mar 8, 2005
    The title pretty much sums it up... what do you think?
  2. Why would there be a problem? You both share something completely awesome, so it would probably be cool.
  3. Spectorphile

Mar 8, 2005
    Ah yes, but opposites attract right?
  4. Uh no...that's like saying people that are completely different than me that I hate and don't get along with are my friends, and that doesn't happen to be the case.
  5. gilbert46

Sep 21, 2004
    Sacramento, CA
    it'd be great, it means u could have 2x the gear to use !!!!

Try these ones on...

hey babe-
    can I barrow ur four/five/six string tonight
    can I barrow ur power amp
    can I barrow ur stack and run stereo tonight
    can I barrow ur thong
    wait not that one
    can I barrow ur tuner
  6. PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    But by the same token, if two peopel are too much alike, I've found they can't always get along in a tight relationship, especially when its a dating type relationship.

But seriously, nothing is for sure until you've tried it and found out.

Go for it, tell us how it works out.
    Good Luck
  7. haujobb

Dec 16, 2004
    Can't say I've ever dated a bassist, but most girls really enjoy dating me so there must be something about us that makes us so irresistable :p
  8. [​IMG]

9. Spectorphile

Mar 8, 2005
    Uh yeah... it already didn't work out, but for different reasons. I would have thought more people are dating fellow bassists :meh: BTW she was much better i was, but she wouldn't let me borrow her thong :D
  10. If Leigh and I were living in the same city, chances are we could be seeing each other at some point - I don't see anything wrong with seeing another bassist, I'd be all for it - it's the guitarists you have to watch. :ninja:

BTW, Leigh... ***? What's with the wheel?
  11. Agreed, on both accounts. :)
  12. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    wow, my image of you is totally shot.............1st you want to date Leigh, now you're swearing.................sigh

13. Its all my doing... :hyper: :bassist:

14. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    My girlfriend is learning bass (from me). Her interest in bass is one of teh main things that brought us together.
  15. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    I would just like to date a humane!
  16. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    very true... Watch out for them geetarist...

In high school I dated a bassist briefly, she was pretty punk, but that was cool... neither of us felt weird about our separate music influences... plus neither of our worlds collided.

Years later (in college) I dated a URB'ist that was deep in the music program (while I was struggling to get into it myself), she was all of the bassist that I wanted to be (playing-wise)... there was a bit of tension, competition and she ended up leaving school prematurely to tour and later live in europe... :mad:
  17. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    Just look at the serial number...oh. Never mind.
  18. Ely

Jun 8, 2001
    Huntsville, AL
    My girlfriend is a bassist. She's been playing as long as I have, and she is way better than I am, but she won't let anyone but her teacher watch her play. We have a great relationship, though, and bass is just one of the many things we have in common. At least she understands me better than a non-bassist would.