Dating a Bassman 2x15

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Michael Simpson, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Hi all!

Wondering if anyone has a rough date for my new (old) Bassman 2x15. Not the tall one, but the diagonally mounted one. Not after any specific date, just a rough idea of its age would help!

received_10215345620106122.jpeg received_10215345620626135.jpeg

2. BogeyBass

BogeyBass Inactive

Sep 14, 2010
    face2aeafd8ef5e8ae747ddf6b545bd6.jpg

3. BogeyBass

BogeyBass Inactive

Sep 14, 2010
  4. And from the title, I was expecting something far different... :crying:

5. BogeyBass

BogeyBass Inactive

Sep 14, 2010
    Me too. I'd say a nice drive in the country and maybe dinner in the city. Always have compliments and tell the bassman how pretty the vinyl and grill look

6. Sorry to disappoint! But no, I've taken ownership of one and need it dated thanks. Not in a pimp way either! :roflmao:

7. Thanks for that man! Narrows it down a bit. Read into it and apparently the best way to find a good approximate date is to go within, so it'll be getting torn apart as soon as it's home. Will need recommissioned anyway to bring it back to its former "glory" so I'm happy to do so! Heard mixed reviews about the sound of these but the search will start for a decent condition head to match anyway, at least then if I don't like it I can sell it as a whole! :thumbsup:
    Anyone know the wattage rating on these cabs? Would they handle a Bassman 100? As the 50s seem to be few and far between these days!

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 4, 2021