1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Dating a woman VS Dating a girl.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Yngwie 4String, Sep 10, 2008.


  1. Yngwie 4String

    Yngwie 4String Banned

    May 3, 2007
    Auburn Nebraska
    As y'all know I'm in college right now. I was just walking around campus because it really is a beautiful campus and I was enjoying nature. Then a Lady walked by and kinda took me by surprise. She was stunning. So I went and talked to her a bit and had a small conversation about classes and majors. Anyway she was really cool and very intelligent as far as I could tell. I think I would like to ask her out for dinner or a movie. Before I get to far into this deal I need some advice. She is a nontraditional student. I didn't ask her age because its rude, but I estimate that she is around 35yrs or so. I am 20. What is the best way to go about this?

    What I mean is that I'm genuinely interested in this woman, can't stop thinking about her. I don't want to mess this one up. I'm not sure how to present myself to her. What advice do y'all have for me? What is it like to date an older woman and how do I not come off to much like a stupid kid? THANKS IN ADVANCE
     
  2. If you don't focus on it, it shouldn't be an issue. If you FOCUS on it, she will notice it and it will be an issue.

    Not saying you'll be successful, just that you need to approach her like you would any other female you are interested in, not being nervous about or even really "aware" of the thing you are focused on NOW (i.e. the age difference).

    If you can clear that from your mind, you have a fighting chance to get what you want.

    ...oh yeah, and no pics, not stunning older non-traditional student.

    ;)

    (Good luck)
     
  3. CapnSev

    CapnSev

    Aug 19, 2006
    Coeur d'Alene
    Ooh - cougar. Rawr.
     
  4. Yngwie 4String

    Yngwie 4String Banned

    May 3, 2007
    Auburn Nebraska
    LOL was I suppose to just be like, "hey I want to take a picture of you with my cell phone." and take one? how the heck do you get a picture like that without seeming incredibly creepy? LAWLZ
     
  5. GeneralElectric

    GeneralElectric

    Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    I do it all the time.

    I'm also a strong proponent of the 1 in 10 rule.
     
  6. Linas

    Linas

    Jan 6, 2005
    Chicago
    did you get her number?
     
  7. Yngwie 4String

    Yngwie 4String Banned

    May 3, 2007
    Auburn Nebraska
    No man I just made some small talk it was only like a short small talk. Im just waiting till I see her around campus again.
     
  8. syciprider

    syciprider Banned

    May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    You're an art major remember?
     
  9. Yngwie 4String

    Yngwie 4String Banned

    May 3, 2007
    Auburn Nebraska
    No I'm a Psych Major already told her.
     
  10. MakiSupaStar

    MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

    Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Just be straight up honest with her. "I'm attracted to you and I'd like to buy you dinner, if that's ok give me your number. Oh yeah, I'm a visual person so I need to take a photo of you to put with your number." Make her feel like a model and then completely withdraw all that attention for a couple of days. Then when you call she'll be butter.
     
  11. Yngwie 4String

    Yngwie 4String Banned

    May 3, 2007
    Auburn Nebraska
    Maki you realize you just gave me solid advice with minimal sarcasm. Thanks Man.
     
  12. MakiSupaStar

    MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

    Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Just don't do it while wearing a dress. If you have to wear a dress, just make sure it's not prettier than hers. ;)
     
  13. Yngwie 4String

    Yngwie 4String Banned

    May 3, 2007
    Auburn Nebraska
    LOL

    Yeah I find its best not to spring that on them right away.
     
  14. cheezewiz

    cheezewiz Supporting Member

    Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    There's no way in the world you're going to develop a good relationship with her. You're just too different, in your life experiences, your outlook, your goals, etc.

    Maybe you have a shot of a quick bang if she's a lonely and horny MILF, but that's the extent of it.

    I think you've got a 2 percent chance of scoring, a 98 percent chance of coming off like a dumb kid, and a 0 percent chance of having a meaningful relationship. Think about this...you're 20.....if she's 35, she could very easily have a 16 year old daughter.
     
  15. Toasted

    Toasted

    May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    You should write books.
     
  16. ahkiatt

    ahkiatt

    Sep 30, 2006
    Singapore
    +1
     
  17. Bard2dbone

    Bard2dbone

    Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    I think I just read Maki's book. My son told me, while laughing hystericallly, that I had to read 'I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell' by Tucker Max.

    The guy is a pig. And most of the book is just stories of what happened while drinking excessively on several occasions. But one of the focuses is that Tucker is a girl-getting machine. His ordinary weekends would have been my epic weekends when I was single. His epic weekende would have been only hallucinations for me on my best day.

    When my band was doing well, I frequently dated over my league, but this guy in the book always stays over his league. He generally behaves in ways that would usually get someone arrested, and gets away with it just about every time.

    Admit it Maki. Tucker Max is your pen name, isn't it?

    Back to the original topic. Go for it, but go in expecting it not to work so whatever does happen is gravy. I married an older woman (by ten years) and it's all been good for fifteen years. So it CAN work. Just remember: Low maintenance is sexy.
     
  18. vene-nemesis

    vene-nemesis Banned

    Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao EspaƱa

    WoW if i had to put a name to my penis i would chose something along the lines of tucker max too!

    On a side note i have dated women older than me, the oldest was 7 years older then me, and i can tell you one hell of advise HIT IT! older women teach Ph.d sex and have less inhivitions, but no mater what you do dont get in love cos sooner or later shell get tired of not being able to go to the next step with you, because of your age and economical possibilities, and in the end only you will suffer.

    /thread
     
  19. Toasted

    Toasted

    May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    I just picked up a copy of this book on your recommendation, Bard and I'm looking forward to it turning up.
     
  20. Bard2dbone

    Bard2dbone

    Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    It's my sons recommendation. I read and I laughed a few times. But mostly I found myself thinking "This giuy is a douche nozzle."

    His 'humor' appears to mostly be drunkenly insulting people for the amusement of the people paying attention to him. I just get the impression that if I hung out with the author in person, I'd have to shove his head in a toilet, at least once.

    Admittedly, that is just my own issues shining through. When I was ten to about fourteen years old, I was the kid everyone made fun of, until I realized that I could kick pretty much all their asses, sometimes in groups.

    So a 'humor' writer who spends large amounts of ink showing how he made fun of fat people while he was drunk doesn't earn many points with me.

    But you will laugh. I guess the question is how much. The Vegas and Austin road trip stories are pretty good. And I liked the Why-I-decided-not-to-be-a-lawyer-after-expensive-law-school story. Most of the rest? Meh.
     

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.