1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Dating/Info on Fender P-Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FreeSpirit, Mar 31, 2006.

1. Okay, So I saw this ad on craigslist, although it says Squire in the heading, if you look at the pic. it says Fender. He says it is a MIM Squire Fender. I was curious as to did squire ever get manufactured in Mexico, or do you think it is just a fender MIM P-bass. I personally think it is a MIM P-bass, but he says it says squier on the head stock aswell.

The serial number I was given is MN404378, which in my looks dated it as a mexican 97-98. Here is the link to the ad with the picture in it. Any help is appreciated.

http://toronto.craigslist.org/msg/146243762.html

2. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    Fender made some Squiers in Mexico with a smaller "Squier" under a bigger Fender logo. IIRC, it was sometime in the early 90s.

3. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    I believe that the Mexican "Fender Squier" series became the MIM of today, and dropped "Squier" from the headstock when the "Squier by Fender" moved to China and Korea. IIRC, the Mexican "Fender Squier" series had solid bodies instead of plywood.

4. M5Yates

M5Yates

Feb 7, 2005
    Austin, TX
    It's listed at a fair price if the neck is straight and it plays well.