Dating my Fender Bassman 135

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Groovehunter, Jun 26, 2005.

1. Groovehunter

Dec 3, 2004
    no I haven't asked it out for lunch, I was wondering where and how can I date my amp?

The serial number on the chassis is F079419

I suspect 1979 but am not 100% and would like to find out.
  2. I don't know but I have a Fender 'Champ Amp' I've been trying to date for years. I think it's around mid '70s. Crazy thing is it was in some guys garage for years just piling up dust. I got it for free, original tubes and all. All the tubes seem to be in great condition, as it sounds very good. It is a guitar amp, used only for studio aplications. Sorry to jack your thread with no information. I will be watching to see where to go. Sorry 'bout that, Here's your thread back.
  3. Groovehunter

Dec 3, 2004
    no worries mate - I picked my bassman up in a similar scenario. After I bought it, I took it for a good service and boy did it need one. Now it's running like a dream and sounds lush new valves and caps etc. My only gripe is the lack of fan to keep the tubes cool and help circulate the air around them, but I may get around to fitting one myself.
    Im recording with my band next week and can't wait to hear the sound of it on record as I hear this is one area where they sound great.