Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dating my Fender Bassman 135

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Groovehunter, Jun 26, 2005.

1. Groovehunter

Groovehunter

Dec 3, 2004
    no I haven't asked it out for lunch, I was wondering where and how can I date my amp?

The serial number on the chassis is F079419

I suspect 1979 but am not 100% and would like to find out.

2. I don't know but I have a Fender 'Champ Amp' I've been trying to date for years. I think it's around mid '70s. Crazy thing is it was in some guys garage for years just piling up dust. I got it for free, original tubes and all. All the tubes seem to be in great condition, as it sounds very good. It is a guitar amp, used only for studio aplications. Sorry to jack your thread with no information. I will be watching to see where to go. Sorry 'bout that, Here's your thread back.

3. Groovehunter

Groovehunter

Dec 3, 2004
    no worries mate - I picked my bassman up in a similar scenario. After I bought it, I took it for a good service and boy did it need one. Now it's running like a dream and sounds lush new valves and caps etc. My only gripe is the lack of fan to keep the tubes cool and help circulate the air around them, but I may get around to fitting one myself.
    Im recording with my band next week and can't wait to hear the sound of it on record as I hear this is one area where they sound great.