1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Dating Old Active EMG P'ups..

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by wreckerman, Apr 19, 2010.

1. wreckerman

wreckerman

Sep 16, 2009
    So the bargain basement Charvel has been stripped and the P'ups are out, But is there any way of possibly dating the P'ups
    All i can say is they pre date 94 they are not push fit wiring and all they have on them is small stickers on the bottom, On the J P'up we have three small stickers with CAC, LJ5 AND HIB..
    On the P'up one has CAC on and the other has HIB on and thats about it really..

cheers...

2. SGD Lutherie

SGD Lutherie Banned Commercial User

Aug 21, 2008
    Bloomfield, NJ
    Owner, SGD Music Products
    HIB is Feb '89. (H=8, I=9, B=2)

3. wreckerman

wreckerman

Sep 16, 2009
    So i have a set of 21 year old Active EMG PJ's, guess you could call them Vintage then in what i believe to be a 22 year old Charvel 2B...

Cheers for that Info....

4. don't do it, dating young EMGs is fine but old they start getting grumpy :bag:

5. SGD Lutherie

Aug 21, 2008
    Bloomfield, NJ
    This one is down right belligerent! :D

Overlend_EMG.

6. wreckerman

wreckerman

Sep 16, 2009
    It all depends, I'm getting old and i quite like the older Date these days...

7. SGD Lutherie

Aug 21, 2008
    Bloomfield, NJ
    I'm as old as dirt, but my wife is as young as water, so that stops me from drying out. And cracking. ;)

8. Craig_S

Craig_S Banned

Oct 15, 2008
    Metro Detroit
    I had no idea how old the EMG's I have were. Now I know I have a Jazz set from 1988 that will work for a five string and 1990 Precision pickups. I haven't used the Jazz set yet, but I know the Precision pickups sound great.

9. Cutty

Cutty

Jun 25, 2006
    U.K.
    What's the first thing that cracks?:smug:

10. wreckerman

wreckerman

Sep 16, 2009
    Usually the Neck...