1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Dating Sadowsky Pickups

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by GrooveWarrior, Apr 12, 2006.

1. I have a chance to get some Sadowsky J pickups (hum cancelling) for free. I am trying to figure out when they were made. They are different from the current ones (I think) in that Sadowsky is stamped/engraved in the pickup cover just below the pole pieces. Does anyone know when they stopped doing this?

Now a question. Should I pop these in my Standard Jazz in place of the stock Fender pickups? I know, dumb question, but I thought I would ask.

The reason I can get them for free is that my father-in-law bought a Hamer Cruise 2-Tek and it had the Sadowsky's in it. Then he saw that TB'er luknfur had some Suhr J pickups for sale. My father-in-law is a guitarist and he has a sweet Suhr strat so he bought the pickups and put them it. I have to say, they easily as good if not better the Sadowsky's in my opinion. I will get some clips of the Hamer/Suhr combination when I go up for Easter. Impressive!

Thanks in advance for you help with this.

2. Nobody?

3. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    I took em to the movies once. Not a peep out of them either...

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    What year is your jazz bass? The Sad's may not fit.

And as far as dating, this is a question for Roger Sadowsky himself.

Wait until tomorrow and give him a call at the shop.

5. :scowl: I think this is going a bit too far ...
    Don't get me wrong, I love bass too, but dating pick-ups ???
    There are still girls for that kind of thing !

;)

6. It's a 2001.

7. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    If that's a 2001 MIM standard J, then the bridge one won't fit without additional routing..

8. It's an American standard.

9. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Well, in that case, they will fit! I'd go for it!