Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

DATING WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Abluesbassist, Jun 28, 2005.

1. so this guy at work it trying to hook me up with a girl he knows . so he gave her my number and she called me sunday and left a message ( phone was off ) and i called her back monday after noon and left a message still no call should i just keep waiting or call again ?
    keeping in mind my last girlfriend came on to me that was 6 years ago and we broke up about 6 months ago so i'm really rusty on tis how starting a new relationship thing.

2. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    You left out some VERY vital information. Is she hot?

3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Call tomorrow.

4. fr0me0

fr0me0

Dec 7, 2004
    Winnipeg Canada
    don't phone, ever. I'm not just typing to read my own posts either. I'm serious. don't phone. if she wants a piece she'll drive you crazy phoning you all the time.

5. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    There's a million reasons why she hasn't called you... don't sweat it yet. Call her tomorrow, and just leave a brief message saying you're interested in talking to her/meeting her/eating strawberries off her feet/whatever the case may be. She called once, so that's a good sign. Just take it easy and don't put too much stock in how quickly she races to the phones everyday.

6. ...especially if you actually want to go out with her.

Mike

7. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    Yeah don't call man atleast wait till thursday if ou are gonna call. Don't get her thinking that you're desperate at all.

8. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Are you kidding? Call immediately, what have you got to lose?

What's the worst thing that can possibly happen?

You'll have to dump her at some point?

Ha ha - just a little cynical humor (sorry ladies, you've done the same thing to me, so, you get what you give). :D

Seriously though, why not call? What's wrong with hooking up with a bright and beautiful partner?

If I weren't in a committed monogamous relationship right now, I'd jump on that in a microsecond.

(Pun intended). :D

9. call again but do not under any circumstances leave another message.

10. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I would wait and call tomorrow.

11. Dan Molina

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    Because if he overly calls it'll make it seem like he's desperate. That'll scare her away.

12. 'JC'

'JC'

Mar 14, 2000
  13. Dan Molina

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
  14. nonsqtr

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Nah, women like to be engaged.

At least, that's been my experience.

And, in all fairness, men probably like that too (although I wouldn't know as much about that, I mainly know about myself).

I can tell you one thing, I lost a very very hot girlfriend once, 'cause I didn't call her in time.

And that's the last time I ever made that mistake. :D

15. Call her 40 times, don't leave a message, and PRAY she doesn't have caller id... Find out where she lives from your friend, hide in her bushes to make sure she's not going out on you.. Make sure you throw those shoes out in the woods somewhere and buy another brand of shoe so the treads don't match the footprints. Women love to be pursued. :D

Far as she knows, you're just another guy. Far as you know, she's just another girl. No hurry to call back. Give it a day or so, return the call. Sooner or later you'll hook up.

Getting obsessive about calling her will make her think prospective STALKER, not prospective BOYFRIEND.

Randy

16. nonsqtr

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Dude, if she called you, there wouldn't be any issue of stalking, would there?

What's up with that?

What's this insecure male ego thing, about "not appearing to be too pushy"?

All we're talking about is a phone call, right?

Make the d*mn call, and see what happens.

You might be pleasantly surprised. :)

17. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    I wouldn't take advice from "Comb-over boy."

18. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Still the most important issue!

I miss dating, do I call her now, no she'll think I'm desperate! I am desperate. She's desperate too, but she won't call, doesn't want you to think that she's desperate. The one's that KNOW there hot (like Gia) never call, because your desperate. And the hot guys or rich guys or powerful guys never call because girls are desperate. And this never changes it's true wether your 7 and you want to leave a Valentine at her desk, or your 40 and you want to fly her to Chicago for a show and dinner. Gosh Solomon didn't know the answer to this one and he was the wisest man ever, and your asking a bunch of bass players!
    :D

19. nonsqtr

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    This thread really cracks me up. :D:D:D

This is like a Woody Allen movie or something.

"We're too good for each other, so we keep kvetching, and that keeps us apart".

Ah, I remember when I was learning about this stuff, I went through all kinds of gyrations like this.

Shut up and play your bass, and invite your girlfriend over for a cocktail or something. :D

20. No. Please do. It's an almost sure-fire way to guarantee this line of thinking won't carry over to the next generation.

Mike