Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Daughter's First Bass (with pic!)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by unity bass, Sep 27, 2005.

1. unity bass

unity bass

Dec 15, 2003
    Modesto, Ca.
    This is my two year old playing the bass I just bought for my five year old.
    It's a Samick Corsair Mini with a 25" scale.
    Ain't she cute?

[​IMG]

Edit: see her big sis in post 35 of this thread!

Chad

2. Thats very cute!

Buying a bass for your 5 year old, thats got to be good grounds for father of the year?

3. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    Looks kinda like my friend Dylan's kid. I taught him to throw the horns whenever he sees a guitar.

4. Keeaumoku

Keeaumoku

Dec 29, 2004
    Great shot, dad! :hyper:

5. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    she's even holding it right. That's awesome. She'll be a bass player, yet@

6. That is awesome! Just make sure she doesn't abuse that volume pedal with the schroeder or you're gonna end up with a couple of deaf kids. Your daughter has some natural techique though!

Just out of curiosity, how much does that bass weigh? How does it play?

7. Keeaumoku

Keeaumoku

Dec 29, 2004
    Oh, yeah! She is, indeed, a real cutey... love how she's got her foot on the pedal. BTW... what's that little Fender amp? I have a "Bullet Reverb" that looks very similar to the one in your pic...

8. Looks like she was playing some slap riff too. Good work on starting them on bass early! Definately father of the year material.

9. unity bass

unity bass

Dec 15, 2003
    Modesto, Ca.
    Thanks for the comments guys!

That little Corsair actually plays pretty nice. The string spacing is good, the fret work is good, the p-ups sound fine...really a nice little bass. It weighs 6.5 lbs plus or minus half a pound.

Keeaumoku, yeah that's a little Fender Bullet (no reverb) my wife picked up for 10 bucks at a garage sale.

Discgraham, don't worry. She's not plugged into the Schroeder or the TF. She's going through that little fender (turned waaay down) and that's a wah pedal not volume. Your point is well taken though; and appreciated.

Thanks again guys!

Chad

10. JJBACOOMBA

JJBACOOMBA Commercial User

May 31, 2005
    San Antonio, Texas
    Lecompte Bass Owners Club Member #2
    Too Cute :) made my day

11. Looks like 'Sunshine of your Love" to me!

Great pic :)

12. Meehaw

Meehaw

Jun 11, 2003
    Gdynia, Poland
    Cool pic. :)

Don't you think it may be a little too heavy for her? :ninja:

13. Great shot!!! It is never too early, my 4 year old daughter got A Texas Special Fat Strat (holding it for her :D ) when she was 2 (MARS went out of Business) and just last week I bought her a new keyboard....She told her mom that she and I were going to have to start going to the studio together to play so mommy wouldn't go crazy from all the noise....Just a couple of weeks ago I did a video of her playing a set of drums and singing Red Neck Woman into a real microphone...now THAT was a sight!! Enjoy them while you can, they will be getting married before you know it.....

Peace,

T

14. That's awesome!

15. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Talkbass Picture of the Year!

I think my favorite part is that she's actually using the wah! :smug:

16. Joelc73

Joelc73 Supporting Member

Nov 13, 2000
    New York
    Great picture!

My two year old twin boys are obsessed with my basses and electric drum kit. Anytime they come into my studio they immediately start playing (well hitting) my drums or strumming the strings. It's looking quite promising that they'll want to play music as they get older.

17. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin

Dec 11, 1999
    Clinician: EA, Zon, Boomerang, TI. Author "The Art of Solo Bass"
    guys, guys, guys .... you're missing something here. There is NO WAY any of my kids will play the bass. They need to play piano or some other instrument that they can hire their old man when they start gigging :p

Mike

18. cuteness overload

head explodes

19. duckbutter

duckbutter

Mar 30, 2005
    LOVE the pic !!!!

My daughter's 1 and a half, she loves my basses and I was thinking of getting her something like that...where did you find that bass ?

20. Joelc73

Joelc73 Supporting Member

Nov 13, 2000
    New York
    True. I do need to encourage at least one of my guys to play piano and one to play drums - then I'll always have a gig.