1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Daughter's First Concert

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by deeptubes, Nov 4, 2018.

1. deeptubes

deeptubes

Feb 21, 2011
    Virginia Beach
    ...that she'll remember. We took her to Dave Matthews when she was 2 1/2, and she has no recollection.

Tonight, I drove my 7 1/2 year old to Richmond to see Machine Head. Yeah. Completely rocked out. Of course, I had some Hearos for her. She did get a guitar pick, thanks to a nice young lady. Elise dug it, but was sleepy by the end. She was asleep before we made it out of the parking garage. Nice quiet drive back to Va Beach. Just me and my tinnitus.

Band was tough and freaking tight. They brought it. Looking forward to the crowd pic. We're right in the middle, her on my shoulders with a heart on her shirt, arms in the air. Should be an easy spot.

Came close to not happening. As we're walking toward The National, had to turn around and get the earplugs. I swiftly opened the car door, grabed them, closed the door. She stuck her hand in the door, got her pinky. It's swollen, but I don't think it's broken. Certainly would've been more tears. Lately, she's been doing things that make us ask what she was thinking, but I'll save those for anothet thread.

What a fun night! So glad I took her to do that.

JRA, S-Bigbottom, kobass and 2 others like this.
  2. filmtex

filmtex Commercial User

May 29, 2011
    Annsman Pro Audio Dealer
    Father/daughter night AND live music. It. Just. Doesn’t. Get. Any. Better. Our (now a grown up 30 year old) daughter brings that kind of thing up all the time. She remembers things we did together as far back as pre-preschool! Lunch at the park in San Bernardino feeding the ducks in the pond. Dancing to Boot Scootin Boogie in her pink cowgirl outfit at a battle of the bands in Desert Hot Springs when she was five. Sitting in a corner booth one Monday afternoon while I (quickly) loaded out. Priceless moments.
    Good on ya. Hope her finger heals quickly. Thanks for the cool story this am.

Oddly likes this.
  3. BMGecko

BMGecko

Sep 5, 2002
    Albuquerque, NM
    "I swiftly opened the car door, grabed them, closed the door. She stuck her hand in the door, got her pinky. It's swollen, but I don't think it's broken. Certainly would've been more tears. Lately, she's been doing things that make us ask what she was thinking, but I'll save those for anothet thread.

Dang! Got her finger slammed in the door for her first metal show!

Now before you worry about what she was thinking, you might want to realize that kids in the mosh pit are totally allowed to kick shins and throw elbows. ;)

4. Enjoy it! My son has ZERO interest in anything musical. Doesn't play an instrument, doesn't listen to any music at all. If it is on, he doesn't complain or shut it off, but he can't name one band and has no music on his phone, or iPod. I cant explain it, and cant imagine it. I would love to go to a concert with him.

Oh, and getting your hand slammed in a door, is so metal! :bassist:

BnB