1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Dave Edwardson of NEUROSIS!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by beyondthe48, Apr 29, 2007.

1. beyondthe48

beyondthe48 Guest

Apr 29, 2007
    anyone know what they tune to?

2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Last I checked, Neurosis tuned to the key of Awesome.

3. beyondthe48

beyondthe48 Guest

Apr 29, 2007
    true.

4. That is one of the greatest songs ever written, and some great shots of Dave playing live. He's got some kind of fuzz/od on his bass. Btw, he is a member of these boards, but I haven't seen him on here in a long time.

NoiseNinja likes this.
  5. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    :D

6. Also check out this one.. It really gives you a good feel of a live Neurosis show (complete with epic drumming at the end).

7. I just watched that Locust Star video and my face got sandblasted off and now I have back problems.

8. Sound Chaser

Sound Chaser

Mar 19, 2005
    Lockport, NY
    It looks like he's using a Dimarzio Split P (I think that's what they're called, anyway) in whatever bass he's using during that one video of Locust Star.

9. vegas532

vegas532

Nov 10, 2006
    Melbourne, FL.
    The bass is actually an SR885 neck on a Roadstar II body if you look at pics of it.

10. beyondthe48

beyondthe48 Guest

Apr 29, 2007
    ?

11. Spoonman462

Spoonman462

Jan 20, 2008
    i also highly recommend Steve Von Till's solo albums

Matto1349 likes this.
  12. vegas532

vegas532

Nov 10, 2006
    Melbourne, FL.
    For the most part, it's Drop-D...with the occasional Drop-A.

13. +1

Also Scott Kelly's solo albums

14. Ranek (FL)

Ranek (FL)

Jan 28, 2008
    His bass is pure Roadstar, I have an SR885 and the headstock on his bass is not an SR head, but the stock Roadstar head.

15. vegas532

vegas532

Nov 10, 2006
    Melbourne, FL.
    I hate to bump a zombie thread, but I told you I'd come through and I finally did. Dave's a pretty busy guy with 3 bands and work, so it took a while, but here's the board:

noname.

And for good measure, here's his amps:

noname-1.

The only real changes since this thread began is he no longer uses a wah (Dunlop) and the Fuzzrocious jawns replaced a Keeley MT-2 and Sovtek Green (rehoused) respectively.

:D

16. vegas532

vegas532

Nov 10, 2006
    Melbourne, FL.
    As of today:

noname-2.

17. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Have you been hanging out with him? Ask him how he manages to look like Mike D but sound like Satan :D

18. vegas532

vegas532

Nov 10, 2006
    Melbourne, FL.
    Actually the funniest thing is that when you see live footage, he looks super intimidating. Then when you meet him in person or talk to him (Sonny and Ry can back me on this), he's literally the nicest dude on the planet...just a genuinely sweet man with absolutely no ego or pretense about him at all.

19. vegas532

vegas532

Nov 10, 2006
    Melbourne, FL.
    Just got a really good update pic:

photo-5-1.

The BFD and OCD are temped on for now, and most likely that OCD will be replaced by an Oh See Demon cuz they rule!

As soon as I know for sure, you guys will.

20. whats the big boss box top left?