1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Dave Ellefson: Why no love?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Holy War, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Holy War

Holy War

Sep 18, 2008
    VA Beach
    dont really see him talked about much on here, but he is an awesome player! what gives

2. bobba66

bobba66

May 18, 2006
    Arlington, Texas
    Is that you, Dave?

3. xaxxat

xaxxat Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Hey, Dave, I LOVE YOU, MAN!!! :hyper:

(please send me a butterscotch Peavey Zodiac BXP ) :D

4. Qvist

Qvist

Jul 20, 2007
    Denmark
    I'm a fan! His tone and playing is surely an inspiration to me :) I especially like his tone on Dread and the fugititve mind!

5. Surly

Surly

Feb 2, 2007
    South Florida
    I'm a huge Megadeth fan.

6. uaudio

uaudio

Apr 11, 2008
    Arizona
    Dave is a great player and a really nice guy. He works with some friends of mine on their projects.

7. Schizoid75

Schizoid75

Apr 27, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    I always list Dave as one of my main early influences. I tend to play with a pick and loved his tone on the early Megadeth albums. I just can't get into the new Deth stuff without him. He managed to make some very creative lines without getting in the way of the song.

8. Your41Plague12

Your41Plague12

Oct 30, 2007
    Agreed, I absolutely love his early stuff. His tone with that Jackson is great, too. If I could find one like that, I would have it. I love the sharkfins :smug:

9. J. Crawford

J. Crawford Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    Who?

;)

10. i have a brother that lives in arizona,and he said he knows this guy whose friends with dave.if thats not hard enough to believe

11. Zacky

Zacky

Apr 13, 2009
    Stockholm
    Dave & Cliff Burton were the ones that made me pick up the bass in the first place, so Dave's been a huge influence! I haven't listened to Megadeth for some time though, but most of his basslines from the good ol' days will probably stick with me forever... :)

12. im a dave fan. the reason no one talks about him is because he was always hidden in the shadow of dave mustaine's ego :D

13. Clammy

Clammy

Nov 3, 2008
    Ottawa, Canada
    Endorsing Artist: Neal Moser Guitars, DR Strings
    I always dug Junior's tone and feel. The intro to Peace Sells is classic, and crushing! :D

Cheers!

14. Bass V

Bass V

Dec 11, 2008
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I saw the original Megadeth's last show (Honolulu, 2 nights), knowing nothing about them except for the Metalica conection, and anybody in that band is/was top shelf. Very impressive.

15. Korladis

Korladis Banned Supporting Member

Some people might argue that Dave Mustaine is Megadeth.

After the last couple albums, I would definitely disagree.

Megadeth is Mustaine and Ellefson.

16. Mad Russian

Mad Russian

Aug 25, 2008
    Raleigh, NC
    +100

Ellefson contributed a TON to writing Megadeth's material.

17. Not a fan... But not an anti-fan either. I like MD, and feel Dave is a solid player. Not a whole lot more though.

18. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Dave kicks ass!!!!

19. Mutato

Mutato

Oct 15, 2008
    I'm also a Dave Junior fan. Killing is My Business is one of the greatest thrash debuts ever. Quite possibly THE greatest.

20. markdavid

markdavid

Jun 29, 2007
    I agree Dave Ellefson is a very underrated player , I love his playing on Youthanasia , he has a very punchy, ballsy tone and unlike a lot of bass players in the rock/metal genre his playing can be clearly heard and is not buried under the guitars