Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dave Green

Discussion in 'Recordings [DB]' started by AMJBASS, Mar 17, 2005.

1. AMJBASS

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    I am having a difficult time finding any recordings with Dave Green on bass. Can any of you guys give me any recommendations? I have heard him a couple times on the radio, and his tone just knocks me out!

2. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    The only thing I ever remember hearing was a recording with Martin Taylor, the great guitarist. I don't know the name of the CD, but I remember it had that Oscar Pettiford tune, "Laverne Walk". Dave sounded great...big sound, very fluid. Nice bass player.

3. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I've seen him play at close quarters, several times, at Brighton Jazz club and he is back again on 15 April leading, his own trio with ex-pat American Gene Calderazzo and Iain Dixon who was a member of Michael Brecker's Quindectet!

They usually have CDs for sale on the night - but previously I've only seen him as a sideman - if I don't see any on sale, I'll try to ask him what he has out at the moment. :)

4. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

So, I went to that gig on Friday night - really good band : really nice to be able to hear everything so clearly - Gene Calderazzo played a small kit and the sound was fantastic!

Only thing was - they forgot to bring copies of their new CD!! Doh! :(

This trio has made a CD previously which you can still buy here :

http://www.crazyjazz.co.uk/Labels/J/JAZZHOUSE.htm

along with other albums featuring Dave Green.

But it would have been nice to get the new album - they finished the set with a new tune written by Dave which, I think was called "licks" ...ironic title, obviously!! ;)