Dave Grohl

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by SpankBass, Dec 17, 2002.

1. Anyone else notice that Dave Grohl has 3 hit songs from 3 different bands right now?

Queens of the Stone Age - No one knows
    Foo Fighters - All My Life
    Nirvana - You Know You're Right.
  2. Ohh cruise4, you know I have to kill you now.
  3. that is a pretty interesting observation.
  4. You missed one

Tenacious D - Tribute

I'm pretty sure Dave Played Drums (+guitar?) on that track and he's in the video at least!
  5. moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    (Didn't know he was in QOTSA)
  6. mt10125

Nov 15, 2002
    West Virginia
    Yeah, Dave plays drums in Queens of the Stone Age.
  7. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    well, he's not an "official" member of QotSA, afaik. but he does play drums on the new cd.

grohl plays the drums on the D's album but didn't play guitar on "tribute"; he did on many other songs, though. warren fitzgerald (of the vandals?) plays "lead electric guitar," quoth the liner notes.
  8. dave grohl is my hero....Extremely talented dude and in interviews and such hes always a pretty funny guy.
  9. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    "No sir, I don't like it."

He doesn't do anything for me. I dislike all those bands, though qotsa is alright.
  10. d_rock211

d_rock211 Guest

Apr 29, 2002
    Kansas City
    My impression of Dave Grohl has always been that he is an a##hole and a glory hog.

Personally, I have never liked anything the foo fighters have done.

On the other hand, he is my favorite rock drummer of the nineties, and he reaffirmed that status on the latest QotSA album.
  11. really? i thought the first album was excellent, but i did not like anything after that.
  12. He's pretty talented, between being a damn good drummer and a guitar player. I wouldn't mind being in his position, quite frankly.
  13. everlong is one of the smartest simple rock songs around.

Foo fighters write better than your average garbage.. smart changes and so forth. I will also admit their new pop-rock approach is not my cup of tea...

In QotSA he does good work, and the band rocks. Its kind of neat how they have tried as hard as they can to get the nastiest sounds out of their instruments. The album is good. The video on the album is really cool

14. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    That Queens song sucks it -- sorry.

I'm not a big Dave Grohl or Foo Fighters fan. What was his motivation for becoming a guitar player anyway? I think it would have been cool to have him play drums and do vocals. That's something you don't see anymore.
  15. d_rock211

d_rock211 Guest

Apr 29, 2002
    Kansas City
    I don't know, maybe its my inexplicable hatred of Dave Grohl, because that album wasn't really that bad.

W&M huh? What year? I have three or four friends from high school there.
  16. i saw a guy at a local band competition on drums and lead vocals, damn impressive.

oh and i think dave grohl is pretty cool, and damn lucky he got to play jam with cobain
  17. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    yeap.. it sure does....
  18. Dave Grohl is a frontman, period. He doesn't even have to play guitar all he needs to do is run around and scream and look cool, but you can't really do that behind the kit.