1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Dave Marks Walking Bass

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by topper, Feb 18, 2008.

1. onlyclave

onlyclave

Oct 28, 2005
    Seattle
    Whoa right there. As soon as he started talking about the "Dm7 shape" I stopped watching.

Shapes = crap

2. Earthday

Earthday

Sep 22, 2005
    New Hampshire
    Just skip the first couple videos then. It's geared so beginners can learn too. If they don't know how to play arpeggios what good would the rest of the video do? Not everyone on youtube knows stuff like that- don't knock it just because you do. It's a great series of videos.

3. ding_man

ding_man

Dec 24, 2006
    Celina, OH
    When he started that series he actually posted about it on here himself ha. But its worth a bump for people who want to learn.

4. jweiss

jweiss Supporting Member

Jul 5, 2007
    Park City, Utah
    Thanks for the link, I just finished watching all 9 of them.

Although my walking is a good amount beyond the concepts in the videos, I think he did a great job. The approach is logical and builds on fundamental skills. I especially like the emphasis on practicing arpeggio inversions through the ii-V7 progressions in all keys as that also will help with soloing later.

Cheers,

Jeff