Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dave mathews tab

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by eric atkinson, Jul 9, 2001.

1. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Hey guys i have broken my foot so i will be in the house for awhile so iam going to take the time to learn every bass song that steffan has done and i will put it down to tab if anyone wants it just give me a yell! The tab at most places for hes stuff just sucks! I hate to use tab myself because i read music but hey it gives me somthing to do in my spare time!

2. Sorry bud, have you checked out the new issue of BP? He's in it with the tab to his songs

3. Yeah, but not all of them. He said he was going to learn all of them.

4. Thats sweet dude. I know how to play just about everysong on bass. Jamming along with them, makes practice alot more fun. Im tabbing the bass solo before all along the watchtower on the listner supported cd for anubis. Yeah i ont like tab to much either. I did hear there is a book out with Stefans bass stuff. Im gonna have to investigate that further. Just to see how accurate i am with these songs.

5. eric atkinson

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Yeah dude if you find that boo please tell me what it is! It will be fun to figure it out as well!

6. hey no prob dude

7. eric atkinson

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Ok so if anyone wants any tabs for them just tell me what songs i will do them first! But try to keep them on the under the table and dreaming cd for now! Iam going by cd! So crash is next!

8. eric atkinson

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Ohh and wait on any 5-string songs because i havent gotten my spector 5 yet!~ Should be real soon!

9. Well I dont think stefan used the 6 string to much in UTTAD. YOull defently need it for before these crowded streets, hint=Dont Drink the water, and the stone

10. eric atkinson

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Hey thanks for the hint man! Ya i loved some of the songs on under the table! Warehouse is alot of fun!

11. Well Warehouse is fun play on bass, learning it on guitar was defently a challenge. Thats why I stay with bass!

12. eric atkinson

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Man i cant stand to play guitar! Feels so small. But before we went into the studio a few years ago my guitar player gave me a madolin and said here dude do somthing for this song on this! It has 4 strings! Damn that wasnt fun at all! It was tuned backwards! But it took me a few days and i did it! Still wish we could have a professinal come in a do it for us!

13. interesting, yeah the mandolin is tuned the same as a violin, another insturment i want to tackle. So is your band acustic rock style or Dave??

14. eric atkinson

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    No more like a strange combo of John Scofield and phish? Its just whati would call a jazz funk jamm band!

15. Sweet I gotta here this!!! Do you guys have a website, or a way I could hear some music??

16. anubis101

anubis101 Guest

Aug 31, 2000
    Nacogdoches, Tx
    for real eric....i gotta hear that...that sounds awesome....oh, on Crash stefan uses a five string on two step on #41(im pretty sure anyway) and on Too Much

17. eric atkinson

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    I havent made it as far as crash yet! Iam still going over the uder the table and dreaming cd so i dont forget it all! I do that alot! Umm we dont have any of the new bands stuff done as of yet on cd! But if ya want you can here the last stuff i did with the old band! The cd was never finished because we lost the singer at the end and never done the vocals correctly! Put go to www.garageband.com
    and do a search for the band 7-white keep in mind this stuff was from about 6 years ago! Check out the songs journey for travis and who am i.

18. eric atkinson

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Ohh and download the mp3 version of the songs if you would! The little shrunk up crap they give you there for real really sucks! And keep in mind that this was back in the day that i was just rock! Its still me and the drummer on the cd!

19. anubis101

anubis101 Guest

Aug 31, 2000
    Nacogdoches, Tx
    hows the learning going eric?

20. eric atkinson

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    A little slow friend! My pain killers were not working on me so i had the doc switch them and man i am one happy bot now! And i also had to help with sound out at the route 66 show a little bit! And had to run sound down town at the bi-pass but iam working it on it friend will get it to ya soon!