Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dave Matthews Band - Live at Folsom Field

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by nick g., Mar 4, 2006.

1. nick g.

nick g. Supporting Member

Nov 9, 2003
    Chandler, Arizona
    Wow. There is some seriously powerful music on this CD. Their rendition of All Along the Watchtower is probably the shining moment of the whole concert. Of course, Stefan killed throughout, especially on the aforementioned song. I just love how he can make Flea's signature bass sound better than the man himself.

Agree/Disagree?

2. superkicky

superkicky

Sep 3, 2005
    Singapore
    DMB is awesome anywhere. Stefan + Carter are a killer two-hit combo.

3. My favorite from that concert is "What You Are". I like the low bass tone. It's a fun song to play. Plus, I really like songs that mix major and minor chord progressions; In WYA, verses in minor, chorus in major. Great stuff!

Paul Mac

4. nick g.

nick g. Supporting Member

Nov 9, 2003
    Chandler, Arizona
  5. Great album. The DVD really shows how cool all the DMB concerts are. Alot of energy.

6. WillCO

WillCO An ounce of perception, a pound of obscure.

Mar 9, 2005
    Denver, nee Austin
    Stefan is doing a very nice job with Dave, and you can almost see his confidence grow throughout the various live DVDs they have out.

Of course, if he were to be unexpectedly run over by a train, I would be happy for the chance to audition...

7. Definately a fan of stefan's lack of hot dogging..hes tasteful and gets a good groove going

8. Agreed with all. Massive energy; killer grooves, and TIGHT!