Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dave Matthews Band's "Crush"

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by relman, Sep 24, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. no...not "crash into me", Crush...yes, the one with the really funky bassline...how does stefan get that sound in the beginning, which sorta sounds like a pop...but not quite...

thanks

2. ColForbs

ColForbs

Jul 21, 2001
    Well I know the bass line, and I know how to play it, but I don't remeber a pop...maybe a ghost note? I'll have to give it another listen real close to see if I know what you are talking about

ps..that bass line is sooooo much fun to play

3. anubis101

anubis101 Guest

Aug 31, 2000
    Nacogdoches, Tx
    i read an interview with Stefan and he said he (i think this is what he said) is that he has this weird finger style right there that makes it sound like he's popping but hes not. like he pushes through the string or something like that

later

4. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Basically just play a heck of a lot harder. That's how I did it, anyway. It's still fingerstyle, but you just try and get all you can out of the string, not quite hooking it under, but getting close.

Cool bass line.

5. thanks a lot guys!

I love that bassline...Stefan's one funky Mofo!

6. I agree with you, SuperDuck. But when I play, I try not to increase the volume of the A note where it most often ocurrs. Stefan's technique is also visible on "Listener Supported" on Pantala Naga Pampa.

7. RETSAMPALS

RETSAMPALS

Sep 10, 2000
    hi rhys
    it's morgan

8. Word up my man! Howzit hanging! I put in a thread a few days ago trying to see if you wer on the site

9. RETSAMPALS

RETSAMPALS

Sep 10, 2000
    yeah? what section?

10. I guess you found it cos I saw wot u wrote .

11. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Take it to PM guys

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.