dave matthews

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by dmbbassdude, Jun 6, 2001.

1. dmbbassdude

Apr 25, 2001
    i was just wondering if anyone knew of any decent dave matthews band bass tab sites. i have the "best of" bass book, but it doesnt have the song "the stone" in it. i have been trying to figure it out for a while without much luck. i would really like to learn it.
  2. Sit down and listen to the song maybe 10 to 15 times, and just listen for the bass part. Then hum the bass part and try to copy that. It might take awhile, but itll be very worth it. Nothing feels better then playing a song that you taught yourself
  3. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    i sat down and learned almost every song on remember two things, under the table and dreaming, crash, and BTCS by ear, and by golly, i'm a MUCH better bassist for it.

if you do it enough, you'll start to be able to THINK like stefan, then you can pick up new lines super quick.

4. the_squirrel243

the_squirrel243 Guest

Jun 27, 2001
    ontario, Canada
    I hear tell that the stone gets put up on this very site some tme in the near futur. You might try tabcrawler (www.tabcrawler.com), but there might not be much dmb. I have found no real good sites for dmb tabs, the best i know of is right here.
  5. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    In my experience most tablature on the internet just plain sucks. Even if you were to find dmb tabs they're probably going to be wrong. You should figure it out by ear; you'll be a better bassist for it.
  6. anubis101

anubis101 Guest

Aug 31, 2000
    Nacogdoches, Tx