1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Dave Mustaine goes/is full bore crazy! And now I am starting to hate Megadeth

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by DiabolusInMusic, Aug 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

I am a huge Megadeth fan, been a big fan since before their 2004 comeback and they became the "cool" metal band, but that is quickly changing. Dave Mustaine is bat spit crazy and his crazy rants are really making me not enjoy Megadeth... it is sad on many levels.

For those that are not in the know, Dave is now hard right wing (and with that comes inherent craziness :p). He feels Obama is out to take his guns and is pushing his gun control agenda by staging such things as the recent massacre at a Sikh temple, the Batman movie massacre, and the fast and the furious gun scandal... yeah... I didn't make this up.
    (mods do not mean to make it political, just letting people know how and why I think he is nuts)

I honestly am extremely close to taking down all my Megadeth posters, I still want to rock out to Rust In Peace but my heart just isn't into it right now... :bawl:

Now I know how U2 fans must have felt when Bono became a politician telling us to give money to Africa while he buys a new $40 million yacht.

2. I saw this too, but thought it may be too touchy for OT.

The guy does seem to have lost it, but he also has a history of Diva-ness before being born-again.

3. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    This isn't going to last long...

4. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Metallica was better, anyway :bag: ;)

5. fisticuffs

fisticuffs

May 3, 2011
    Madison, WI
    This is just his audition tape for the opening spot on the Nuge's state fair tour next summer.

6. I agree that to pin the recent crackpot shootings on ANY president is assinine. The Dixie Chicks got skewered for dissing the Commander in Chief in a foreign country but I'm also for free speech for any artist. But that does not absolve the artist from any repercussions for that speech.

IBTL

7. It's his opinion, he's entitled to it. I watched the video that all of these articles are referencing...I think the last bit of it was meant to be a joke.

Maybe Davey's back on the sauce again??? I'd be sad, I prefer sober Megadeth to drug'd/drunk Megadeth...the anger is more relevant IMO.

Peace,
    Greg

8. mpdd

mpdd neoconceptualist

Mar 24, 2010
    LA
    several of my friends want megadeth instrumental albums, i't s either his voice or his views, but it might work, remember the devo muzak 8 track had a lot of people dancing in elevators:D

9. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    He's been drinking too much of the Fox News flavored Kool-aid™.

10. Tractorr

Tractorr

Aug 23, 2011
    Philadelphia
    This isn't even a political thing. Anybody who thinks that the President would stage something like these events to push through an agenda is crazy. Just like the conspiracy theorists who thought that GWB was behind 9/11, that is crazy.

11. Mysterion

Mysterion

Jan 10, 2012
    1: He's obviously insane.

2: His fantasy of leaving the United States to "move down here to Singapore," seems ill-informed. Singapore's gun-control laws are far more strict than most jurisdictions in the US.

12. 5StringFool

5StringFool Supporting Member

Jun 10, 2011
    Greenup, KY
    Dave responds:

13. Tituscrow

Tituscrow Banned

Feb 14, 2011
    NW England
  14. Unprofessional

Unprofessional

Mar 5, 2012
    I've seen a few interviews of Dave. He strikes me as a person who doesn't like not being the center of attention. I think Dave knows how to fake the crazy to get more attention. Apparently he's tickling just the right buttons for some of ya'll. Good work, Dave, but I still don't care for your music.

15. Oderus is actually a pretty together dude

16. Tituscrow

Tituscrow Banned

Feb 14, 2011
    NW England
    Yes, that's true. I just thought for him to come out and publicly call Dave a nut job was funny, bearing in mind the public persona he has created over the years as the King of Nutjobs.

17. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    I never cared for Mustaine or Megadeth, but I do love to hear the rantings of a crackpot!

18. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    I once watched an interview where Mustaine bragged about nailing Kirk Hammett's girlfriend. 'nuff said. I never looked to Mustaine for anything more than some cool riffs and unique vocals.

On a related note, Ellefson, who seems like an incredibly cool guy, has a bunch of really cool videos called Rock Shop where he gives some great advice to musicians:

19. So if I get the interview right Dave was only quoting and parroting the opinion of a hack? That's OK then. :eyebrow:

20. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    While I completely disagree with what Dave said, he's no goofier than the crackpots that claim 911 was an inside job.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.