Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dave Mustaine going solo!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by cyhawk, May 21, 2003.

1. Megadeth fans, check this out!

(from Megadeth.com)

Dave is back.

There will also be a DVD audio version of "Peace Sells" released this summer.

Nice, isn't it? :)

2. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    Good times.:bassist:

3. Interesting. I wonder what it will sound like. What is David Ellefson doing now? He's a great bassist, IMO.

4. What is a DVD audio version? No picture? Better sound? I have never heard of such thing.

And about Ellefson I have no idea what he is doing but it was talk about megadeth (w/o Mustaine) would start a new band together.

And by the way, I hope Mustaines solo album will rock the ass out of all Megadeth fans.

5. Man, Metal is really comming back - the good stuff is still underground, but we'll take back the airwaves soon. Good timing to make a solo albem

6. dragonbass

dragonbass Commercial User

Feb 17, 2003
    N.Y.
    Owner/Builder of LoPrinzi Basses.........................................EX-Sadowsky Guitars Builder
    You every get the feeling that this was Mustaine's way of backing out of Megadeth and not having to explain it to Ellefson or Us?

Just wondering!!!!!

OOHHH to TheInsane......A dvd audio contains no pictures, It is digitally remastered to 5.1 for full surround sound through your home theater system. I seen a couple for sale and only heard one (Police- best of)& it sounded amazing.

7. Nah, I don't think so. I think he really did get some nerve damage thing happen to him. It would be a pretty stupid move to blame the splitting of Megadeth on an injury when you could've just said you don't want it anymore. And since when has Dave been afraid to say something? ;)

That sounds very nice :D

8. I always wanted to see him live, Now I can.

On top of that Dave seems to love music too much then to retire w/o a good reason like he can't play the guitar anymore

9. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    You're mostly right there. However, I think the Police CD you heard was a Super Audio CD. I've got both the Police best-of and "Dark Side Of the Moon" on SACD. I agree they do sound incredible (especially Dark Side). DVD Audio is a similar thing, but you can't use them in conventional CD players.