Dave Mustaine sues Dave Ellefson

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by JMX, Jul 26, 2005.

1. *cough* Mustaine's a douchebag *cough*
  2. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    I hate Dave Mustaine as a person.

"I see punks walking down the street and they're like METALLICA!! and where's my little ole' dutch friend? :crying: :bawl: " ugh, pathetic.
  3. Grygore

Oct 25, 2002
    Grand Prairie, TX

Just one more reason I'm glad I'm not going to go see them play Saturday!
  4. Grygore

Oct 25, 2002
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Haha yeah - Some Kind of Monster

We laughed so hard at that part! :D
  5. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    awesome. I saw he was selling his Jacksons off as well. He must be hurting for cash or something.
  6. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Good ol' Dave Buttstain....

...I never cared for him, then back in the early 90's I read an interview with him, and he was cutting on Allan Holdsworth, because Allan was drinkin' a beer on stage one night...

7. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    I heard a rumour that Fender/Jackson was suing him for trying to sell his Jacksons, as he never paid for them in the first place and they consider them to still be their property?
  8. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    This is true, but he was a professional. He made sure to do his drinking before he got on stage.
  9. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    He could easily pay F/J back with the prices he is charging. He thinks he's Jimi or something with the prices he's asking.
  10. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Some how this seems fitting...

"Upon my podium, as the
    Know it all scholar
    Down in my seat of judgement
    Gavel's bang, uphold the law
    Up on my soapbox, a leader
    Out to change the world
    Down in my pulpit as the holier
    Than-thou-could-be-messenger of God"

What a dick!
  11. That's bad, but could get worse. When he tries to sell his Johnson, you KNOW he's hard up for cash.... ROCK BOTTOM, baby...

12. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    You know, that doesn't surprise me.
  13. Jonki

Jonki I will not slap my Bee!

Oct 14, 2003
    Arendal, Norway
    Dave Mustaine is an ass
  14. Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    Word em up G.

Anybody has anything bad to say about Allan Holdsworth, they're gonna have to say it to me first. Dems fightin words!

15. invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    I doubt it. He just finished a very successful tour, and now he's heading Gigantour, which has been going good as well (sa far as I know).
  16. Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    Well, given that Jackson Guitars main "endorser" is Jenna Jameson, they could probably hook that up for him.
  17. fraublugher

Nov 19, 2004
    ottawa, ontario, canada
    music school retailer
    who's david mustaine ? , no wait i dont want to know.
  18. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

What ever happened to FREEDOM of SPEECH? You mean to tell me that Ellefson cannot mention that he was in Megadeth? He WAS in Megadeth. There is no fraud. There is no attempt at product puffery. His claim is in no way false or defamatory and does not reflect badly on the band or diminish the band in any way.

I think if Ellefson had a decent attorney he could have fought this ridiculous, frivolous lawsuit. Maybe, though, the easier thing to do was just give in. I wish the bassist could have had the money to stand up to this abuse, though. Some one has to put the megalomaniac Dave Mustaine in his place.

(And, furthermore, in my opinion, Dave Ellefson has every right to use the name in an ad as a part of his resume or credentials. I say that not just because I have a black Jackson five string bass just like one Ellefson displayed in an ad in Guitar World in 1994. I keep the ad in my bass case with the bass.)