1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Dave Peacock..?..

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Ghostofbob, Dec 25, 2017.

1. Ghostofbob

Ghostofbob

Nov 6, 2017
    Merry Christmas everyone :).
    I've just watched Chaz and Daves Christmas show with Albert Lee, Clapton etc again (It's British Christmas tradition and it'll be on again at least a few times this week...) and was yet again surprised by Dave Peacock's playing..
    He deserves more credit than he gets in the bass world IMO..
    Nice simple thumpy low end grooves that don't clash with the piano and all sorts of little unnoticed slides hidden in there.. Nice sound from his Yamaha too..
    It's almost not cheesy if you get used to the accents... To me a good blast of I don't Care if E comes round 'ere, on repeat for 10 minutes is as energetic as 90s rave....... :)
    Anyway...
    I read he (and Chaz)played on a Labi Siffri track that was sampled by Eminem.

It's a far better track than it's contemporary. Totally up there standard wise with a lot of U.S funk/soul artists and just wondered if anybody knew any other surprising tracks he (or they) played on..
    ??