1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Dave Pomeroy Likes Fish Tacos

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by wellshuxley, Mar 19, 2009.

1. wellshuxley

wellshuxley

Apr 16, 2007
    Raleigh, NC
    I've been working at a Mexican restaurant in Nashville for an embarrassingly long time. I know more about burritos and tomatillos than I ever cared to know. I've only got a few more shifts to go before I will officially be paying the bills by playing bass, so I've been a bit of a zombie at the ol' taqueria over the past couple weeks.

Tonight, however, I was jolted out of my zombified state as I looked up from reading an article about the newly elected president of the Nashville branch Musician's Union, Dave Pomeroy, who also happens to be quite the prolific bass player. I was looking at a great picture of him playing his Gibson EB-2 when the little bell on the door rang. Lo and behold, it was the man himself!

I told him his "Retrorama" article about the EB-2 in Bassplayer Mag inspired me to get my own EB-2, and he was super nice and we chatted for as long as I dared as he seemed to be in a business meeting. To top it off, he ordered my favorite dish on the menu: fish tacos! I suppose if you're a musician waiting tables, Nashville is the place to do it :bassist:

2. the engine

the engine Guest

Cool story!

3. Phil Smith

Phil Smith Mr Sumisu 2 U

May 30, 2000
    Peoples Republic of Brooklyn
    Creator of: iGigBook for Android/iOS
    I thought this thread was about something else...oh well nevermind.

4. I have a DVD with Dave Pomeroy playing a fretless ain a duet with Oteil Burbridge. He can really handle a bass!

5. zachbass02

zachbass02 One Hairy....squatch.

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    what taco joint you work at? I've probably ordered from you before.