1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Dave Pushic Custom Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lbbc, Sep 26, 2013.

1. lbbc

lbbc Supporting Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Seaford , DE
    After much deliberation and research, I had Dave Pushic make my "dream" bass. 32" scale beauty. Although many here at TB don't seem to care for, or have had issues with DP basses, mine is absolutely wonderful at the cost of some assembly line basses.

I have had many Fenders, Tobias', Rickenbackers, Alembics...I prefer the feel and sound of this over all the others.

I can't seem to attach pic to this message, but it is in one of my pics in my profile and is on the DPcustom website under "Reviews" (Wayne Smith). Dave was informative, suggested electronics based on my playing style and receptive to all my ideas. If you're in the market for a new bass, check him out!

2. Godswarrior31

Godswarrior31

Nov 22, 2016
    Ventura CA
    Talk about resurrecting an old post...but I too have my dream bass from Dave and love it. See: profile pic. I was sad to learn he has retired from bass design just recently! I was hoping to order a 6 string from him but it looks like that will not be happening. Do you still have and love yours?

3. lbbc

lbbc Supporting Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Seaford , DE
    Absolutely.... I too was going to order another. This is my main gigging bass and get compliments every time I play!

4. lbbc

lbbc Supporting Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Seaford , DE
    Here's a pic.....not the best one, but still love it! WP_20140710_005.

5. BassChuck

BassChuck Supporting Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Cincinnati
  6. I had Dave make me a bass of my own design. That was a mistake. Besides my horrible design, the woodwork, fretwork, and electronics were very much amateurish. This was a long time ago. I heard he had improved a lot over the years. Glad you guys got basses you love.